Firriato Wine Experience
On Tuesday, October 18th at 6 p.m. guests are invited to celebrate Sicilian culinary heritage with a special wine and food pairing at Monello!
Enjoy this unique dining and drinking experience where you will meet two winemakers from Firriato Winery, one of the world’s finest Sicilian wineries.
Our Executive Chef Fabrizio Cavallini, who was mentored by a Sicilian chef, will showcase fresh, handmade pasta and authentic recipes with five amazing wine pairings. Firriato Wine Experience menu offerings include:
· Arancino al Nero di Seppia: black squid-Ink fried risotto with calamari, shrimp, and lobster bisque paired with Grillo Feudi Branciforti;
· Cous Cous di Pesce: cous cous with warm seafood salad paired with Zibibbo Jasmin;
· Busiate al Pesto Trapanese: Handmade corkscrew pasta in basil, almond, tomato, and Pecorino pesto paired with Etna Rosso Nerello Mascalese, Nerello Cappuccio;
· Brasato all'Harmonium: short rib slowly braised in Harmonium wine and Sicilian herbs and spices paired with Nero D'avola Harmonium; and
· Cannolo Siciliano: Sicilian cannoli, a special recipe from our Chef's pastry teacher and mentor, paired with Zibibbo-Malvasia L'Ecru Passito.
This exclusive experience is priced at $50. Please RSVP by Tuesday, October 11th to Nick Pound at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space.