Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is La Jolla's population?
- What schools are located in La Jolla?
- What is La Jolla's zip code?
- What are the monthly temperature averages in La Jolla throughout the year?
- What month, on average, gets the most rain in La Jolla?
- What month, on average, is the warmest in La Jolla?
- What are the monthly precipitation averages in La Jolla?
- What is the sales tax rate for the city of La Jolla?
- What professional sports teams play in La Jolla?
- What is the room tax for La Jolla hotels?
- How far is Tijuana/Mexico from La Jolla?
- What type of clothing do I need to pack when visiting La Jolla?
The 2010 Census Population for zip code 92037 was 46,781 people with 48.5% male and 51.5% female. [back to top]
There are many public and private schools located in La Jolla.
- Private Schools
- The Evans School- PK-6th Grade
- La Jolla Country Day School- PK-12th Grade
- The Gillispie School- PK-6th Grade
- All Hallows Academy- K-8th Grade
- Stella Maris Academy- K-8th Grade
- The Bishop's School- 7th-12th Grade
- San Diego French American School- PK-8th Grade
- The Children's School- PK-8th Grade
- Integral Elementary School- K-6th Grade
- Early Childhood Education Center- Preschool
- International Co-Op Nursery School- Preschool
- Nierman Pre-School- Preschool
- La Jolla United Methodist Nursery School- Preschool
- Little Steps Christian Preschool- Preschool
- La Jolla Preschool Academy- Preschool
- Montessori School of La Jolla- Preschool
- Misd Children's House DC- Preschool
- La Jolla Presbyterian Preschool- Preschool
- Cong Beth El Preschool- Preschool
- Public Schools
- Bird Rock Elementary- K-5th Grade
- La Jolla Elementary School- K-5th Grade
- La Jolla High School- 9th-12th Grade
- Muirlands Middle School- 6th-8th Grade
- Torrey Pines Elementary School- K-5th Grade
La Jolla's zip code is 92037.[back to top]
La Jolla is known for its near-perfect weather year around. The average monthly weather is as follows:
- Jan- 65 high, 49 low
- Feb- 65 high, 51 low
- Mar- 66 high, 56 low
- Apr- 68 high, 59 low
- May- 68 high, 59 low
- Jun- 71 high, 62 low
- Jul- 75 high, 65 low
- Aug- 77 high, 67 low
- Sep- 76 high, 65 low
- Oct- 73 high, 61 low
- Nov- 69 high, 54 low
- Dec- 65 high, 48 low
The most precipitation on average occurs in February in La Jolla.[back to top]
On average, the warmest month in La Jolla is August with an average temperature of 77 degrees.[back to top]
The monthly La Jolla precipitation averages are as follows:
- Jan- 1.98 in
- Feb- 2.35 in
- Mar- 1.81 in
- Apr- 0.78 in
- May- 0.12 in
- Jun- 0.07 in
- Jul- 0.03 in
- Aug- 0.02 in
- Sep- 0.15 in
- Oct- 0.57 in
- Nov- 1.01 in
- Dec- 1.53 in
The sales tax rate for La Jolla is 7.75%[back to top]
La Jolla is located in San Diego. San Diego is home to the San Diego Chargers (Football), San Diego Padres (Baseball), San Diego Flash (Soccer) and the San Diego Sockers (Indoor Soccer).[back to top]
The Transient Occupancy Tax is a tax primarily used for the purpose of promoting San Diego and is levied on hotel and motel rooms. This tax rate is 10.5%.[back to top]
La Jolla is roughly 30 miles north of Tijuana, Mexico. It is recommended to take the Trolley to the border and then walk across. Driving to the border and crossing by car will usually take longer with long lines at the border crossing. You will need a valid passport to travel across the border.[back to top]
With an average temperature of 70.5 degrees throughout the year, La Jolla places very few demands on any wardrobe. Casual wear with light layering pieces are ideal during the daytime. Evenings and winter months do get cooler, so light sweaters and jackets are recommended. A swimsuit or shorts is always a good idea on hot days to head over to the beach. A select few restaurants do require jackets for gentleman, but most welcome casual attire.[back to top]