Top La Jolla Neighborhoods to Live
Thinking about moving to La Jolla, but don't know where to start? As with any move, first know your budget, needs and preferences. This will help you determine what type of house and which location will be the best fit for you.
Prospective buyers interested in real estate in La Jolla have choice of homes, condos, apartments and senior living facilities in 17 neighborhoods. These neighborhoods are: Beach-Barber, Bird Rock, Country Club, Hidden Valley, La Jolla Alta, La Jolla Farms, La Jolla Heights, La Jolla Mesa, La Jolla North, La Jolla Shores, La Jolla Village, Lower Hermosa, Muirlands, Muirlands West, Soledad South, Upper Hermosa and The Village.
To help you select which neighborhoods to explore during your house hunt, here is a list of the top La Jolla neighborhoods:
- The Village. The Village is located in the heart of downtown La Jolla. Village residents can walk to shops, fitness clubs, art galleries, restaurants and attractions such as La Jolla Cove.
- La Jolla Farms. If having space and a good size yard is what you're looking for, La Jolla Farms is comprised of large homes with yards up to 5 acres.
- La Jolla Shores. Homes in the La Jolla Shores neighborhood offer great ocean views and a close proximity to the fine entertainment of La Jolla's five-star restaurants and luxurious shops.
- Bird Rock. The Bird Rock neighborhood is great for families as is home to Bird Rock Elementary School, the best in La Jolla. This area is also diverse, featuring a collection of older homes and newer condos and apartments for various lifestyles and budgets, making it a great option for those on a tighter budget.
- Soledad South. Soledad South is a charming, older neighborhood with a collection of homes, condos and gated housing developments with either southern views of Mission Bay or eastern mountain views.
- Muirlands West. Muirlands West is a more affordable alternative to the Muirlands and is great for families offering quiet, wide streets and schools that are within walking distance.
No matter what neighborhood you choose, you'll enjoy great views, La Jolla restaurants, shops, fitness centers and more. For more information about the La Jolla real estate market, contact a local real estate agent.