San Diego has been a top tourist destination for summer getaways for years, and La Jolla is one of the most popular beach towns people love to visit in the area. La Jolla is known for their abundance of fun outdoor activities, safe neighborhoods, gorgeous coastline, and perfect weather. While you may be experiencing 100+ degree weather back home over summer, La Jolla is probably hovering around 72 and sunny. There aren’t too many places in the world quite like a summer getaway in La Jolla.
The city has a number of comfortable hotels ranging from five star luxury spa-like resorts to small and quaint beach hotels that you can find on La Jolla Blue Book local guide. No matter what your budget is or what type of traveler you are, there is something for everyone in La Jolla. Some of the beach hotels are better for families while others are great for romantic getaways. You can choose to be beachfront or tucked away in the hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- La Jolla Shores Hotel: If you are visiting La Jolla and want to be literally beachfront where your toes are in the sand when you walk out your door, this is the place for you. Great for both families and couples looking for a beach getaway, the La Jolla Shores provides a friendly, laid back atmosphere that will help foster relaxation on vacation.
- Best Western Inn by the Sea La Jolla: Best Western Inn by the Sea in La Jolla is a great choice for vacationers on a bit of a budget, but who still want amenities. Each room has a balcony, WiFi is provided to all guests, and complimentary water bottles and chocolates are provided along with continental breakfast. Guests can watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean on their own private balcony.
- La Jolla Village Lodge: Just minutes from La Jolla’s best dining, shopping and recreational activities. Known as an affordable boutique hotel, La Jolla Village Lodge had amenities such as refrigerators, coffee makers, hair dryers, cable and WiFi. The rooms are the perfect comfortable place to come back to after a fun day of outings in beautiful La Jolla.
- Empress Hotel of La Jolla: A step up from a budget hotel but not at a price that breaks the bank. You get all the business class amenities, central location, and friendly staff for around $175/night.
- Scripps Inn La Jolla Cove: The Scripps Inn provides the best amenities in a relaxing, elegant and beach-like atmosphere. Warm colors and fresh linens adorn the spacious rooms that are equipped with cozy furniture and all the necessary amenities like coffee makers. Guests can choose from Oceanview King Suites to Garden Suites, and all other Mediterranean-inspired rooms in between.
- The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla: For those who prefer the charm of bed and breakfasts, La Jolla hast a surprise in store. The colorful and cozy rooms are all decorated uniquely, with different design themes throughout each room. All guests are sure to fine the perfect room for them, whether they are looking for a garden-themed room or a simple, elegant retreat. Different packages are available, which include gourmet breakfast, views, cable, wine and cheese, and much more.
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla: For around $250 per night, you can stay at the top rated accommodations in all of La Jolla. The spacious guest rooms have large bathrooms, comfortable kind beds, relaxing décor, and most importantly spectacular ocean views. This is the ultimate hotel for a romantic couple’s getaway.
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines: The hotel with all of the best amenities and also located in the quaint town of La Jolla makes for a perfect summer getaway. You can tee off on the Torrey Pines golf course next door, eat at the fine dining restaurant onsite, swim in the Olympic pool, or even get a massage in the full service spa. The Lodge at Torrey Pines is built for complete relaxation and enjoyment of the natural beauties La Jolla has to offer.
- Hotel Parisi: Located right in the center of La Jolla village, the Hotel Parisi has a spacious rooms with a modern décor and first class amenities. You can walk to all the major attractions nearby and at the end of a long day come back to a room that will make you feel like royalty.
- La Valencia Hotel: The beautiful Mediterranean style hotel is located oceanfront and each luxuriously appointed suite features gorgeous views. The pool, hot tub, nautical themed bar, and location are just the beginning of onsite amenities that make this a perfect summer getaway location.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Give Thanks. And Let NINE-TEN Do the Cooking! - November 20, 2017
- Don’t Miss the Electric Bike Festival! - November 19, 2017
- 5 Ways to Shed those Calories in La Jolla after your Thanksgiving Spread - November 18, 2017