LA JOLLA, CA (Dec 30, 2014)— The Athenaeum Winter Mini-Concerts is a series of free concerts presented by the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library. The winter season performances alternate each Monday between the Athenaeum La Jolla and the Lyceum Theatre.
Athenaeum Downtown San Diego Mini-Concerts, at the Lyceum Theatre in Horton Plaza, begin January 5, while the Athenaeum La Jolla mini-concerts begin on January 12. All of the one-hour concerts are open to the public. Performances at both locations feature local musicians, including ensembles playing classical, jazz or world music.
Mini-Concerts at the Lyceum Theatre (Downtown SD):
- January 5, 2015 – Rob Thorsen
- January 19, 2015 – Kensington Trio
- February 2, 2015 – Alison Adams Tucker
- February 16, 2015 – Virtual Strangers
Athenaeum (La Jolla) Mini-Concerts:
- January 12, 2015 – Rob Thorsen
- January 26, 2015 – Kasey Kaye – Solo Pianist
- February 9, 2015 – Allison Adams Tucker – Jazz Vocalist
- February 23, 2015 – Virtual Strangers – Bluegrass
- March 9, 2015 – Nathan Hubbard Trio – Jazz
- March 23, 2015 – Madelyn Byrne – Contemporary Composer
Founded in 1971, the Mini-Concerts offer the community free lunchtime performances featuring jazz, chamber, and world music. The Mini-Concerts were named “best free concert series” by San Diego Magazine in 2007.
This Program is funded in part by Horton Plaza Theatre Foundation, an organization funded by the City of San Diego Special Promotion Programs.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Give Thanks. And Let NINE-TEN Do the Cooking! - November 20, 2017
- Don’t Miss the Electric Bike Festival! - November 19, 2017
- 5 Ways to Shed those Calories in La Jolla after your Thanksgiving Spread - November 18, 2017