Spring cleaning is overrated- now is the time for winter cleaning! Winter is a time when La Jollans tend to have more guests over, host more parties and in general, spend more time indoors. This is why fall and winter cleaning have begun to take precedence over the well-known “spring cleaning” tradition.
Thoroughly cleaning your La Jolla home once a year simply won’t do and even worse, the build-up of dust and dirt can lead to allergies and illness. A deep clean in December might be just what the doctor ordered, so hire on some help if necessary and get out that vacuum!
- Start by clearing out any clutter and donating unused items to Goodwill or a local non-profit organization. Not only will removing these items be cleansing, but you will also be helping someone in need. Getting rid of clutter can make the rest of the cleaning process easier and will also free up room for holiday guests.
- It is always important to start from the top and work your way down. Dust and clean any high places, draperies and often forgot about areas, like the chimney, before cleaning floors. Many people make the mistake of starting from the bottom and have to re-sweep or vacuum the floors, doing double the work!
- If your carpets or rugs are heavily stained or soiled, now is a great time to get them professionally cleaned. And if you have pets, a professional cleaning will remove agitating pet dander from the flooring and upholstery.
- Fix any broken furniture and fixtures that you’ve been putting off. When it comes to difficult repair jobs, it’s best to leave it in the hands of a trusted handyman or plumber in La Jolla. A DIY job gone wrong can end up costing you more time and money down the road.
- If you’re tired of your current set up or want to add different décor to your home, don’t be afraid to re-set your décor and furniture arrangements. Visit local La Jolla boutiques for affordable pieces that can make a big difference. Also be sure to have your guest rooms dusted aired out.
Get your winter cleaning started early this year and let everyone know what they can do to join the winter cleaning craze by sharing this post on your Twitter or Facebook! Sharing is caring!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- What to do in La Jolla on Rainy Days - January 18, 2017
- Some of The Best Restaurants in La Jolla are Participating in San Diego Restaurant Week! - January 13, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for January 14 – 15, 2017 - January 12, 2017