La Jolla has been attracting visitors since the early 1900s and still remains a popular tourist destination. A quaint beach community and a short drive from the exciting downtown district of San Diego, La Jolla offers the best of both city and beach life. If you are planning a trip to San Diego, stay in La Jolla and enjoy top choice in:
- Hotels. When visiting La Jolla, vacationers have choice from luxurious hotels, beach cottages and charming bed and breakfasts. Two of the most well known and oldest hotels in La Jolla are the La Valencia Hotel and the Grande Colonial. With so many options, there is sure to be a hotel in La Jolla to meet your personal travel needs, preferences and budget.
- Restaurants. La Jolla has around 200 restaurants ranging from premier seafood and steak restaurants that overlook the ocean to casual, family-oriented pizzerias in the “Village.” La Jolla offers restaurants for all tastes, budgets and occasions. If you’re planning a vacation with family, click here for more information about family friendly dining.
- Beaches. La Jolla has 7 miles of coastline with beaches suitable for surfing, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Many tourists also enjoy watching the seals at Children’s Cove and surfing, snorkeling and kayaking at the La Jolla Shores.
Want to visit? What are you waiting for? Use our La Jolla directory of the top hotels, restaurants, beaches and more and start planning your Southern California vacation today.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- What’s Happening in La Jolla & San Diego This Weekend: September 22 – 24 - September 22, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide: September 22 – 24 - September 21, 2017
- An Interview with Chef Maeve of Sugar and Scribe - September 21, 2017