For some, February 14th is a day to recognize the love one has for someone special. For others, the day is about greeting card companies, candy stores and large corporations taking advantage of a so-called holiday to reap monetary benefits. There are even some who have deemed it “singles awareness day,” either proud of their non-committed status or exact the opposite, modestly searching for their soul mate.
However, with the 14th quickly approaching, we thought our readers might appreciate a brief overview of what’s going on for Valentine’s Day in La Jolla. So whether you’re looking to make plans to wow your sweetheart or just want to read about the “stupid and crazy” things people are doing to celebrate these days, here are some of our favorite romantic spots in La Jolla. Yes, they may be a bit cliché (your typical dinner and evening out), but what’s a holiday celebration without following tradition?
- The Shores – If you love the beach, The Shores is the best option for your Valentine’s Day adventure, situated directly on the sand. Treat your Valentine to a romantic four-course dinner with choice of appetizer, second course, main course and dessert (a delicious dessert trio!) Some highlights of the prix fixe menu include Hawaiian Oyster Rockefeller, Polenta Crusted Diver Scallops and an Angus Fillet Mignon, and are available for $65 per person. The restaurant will be accepting reservations from 5pm to 10pm.
- Brockton Villa – Heading into its 25th year of brining great food and service to residents and visitors of La Jolla, Brockton Villa is the perfect place to celebrate Valentine’s Day in true Southern California fashion. In addition to offering a panoramic view of the water, the restaurant will be offering a Sweethearts Supper, a 3 course meal for $59 per person. Choose from popular dishes including a classic Surf and Turf, a Wasabi Pea and Pistachio Crusted Seabass and a Grilled Zatar and Mustard Lamb Rack. Customize your meal by adding a shared appetizer for $18 or a wine pairing for an additional $20
- Marine Room – When visiting this fine dining restaurant in La Jolla, you’re not just reserving a table, you’re joining a 70 year tradition. The restaurant which is recognized as an instrumental part of the community was also the recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in 2013. This Valentine’s Day, the restaurant welcomes sweethearts to entice their senses and indulge in a decadent 4-course dinner. Although one of the more expensive menus for Valentine’s Day at $125 per person, the restaurant features unparalleled options such as Vanilla Blue Crab Parfait, Poached Tasmanian Steelhead, and Maine Lobster.
- La Valencia – Known as the Pink Lady, La Valencia provides an annual getaway package for couples looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the week. This year, their exclusive promotion, “Saving my Heart for you at La V” is being offered through March 4th. The two night package includes an ocean front villa with terrace a well as a bottle of red wine. The theme is health, so proceeds from the wine will be donated to cardiovascular research and the package will also include a pedometer, a book of love quotations, tickets for a local museum and a kayak adventure for two in a nearby nature preserve.
- Scripps Inn – Combining modern elegance with beach flair, the Scripps Inn offers the ideal accommodations to relax, recuperate and rejuvenate. While the hotel is not offering a specific Valentine’s Day promotion, they do offer a Sunsets & Champagne package that includes your choice of chocolate truffles or flowers or a bottle of champagne that will be chilled and ready in your guest room prior to your arrival. If you’re looking for a dinner package as well, inquire about their promotion with Finch’s Bistro and Wine Bar.
Looking for other information about Valentine’s Day in San Diego and La Jolla, CA? Keep checking the La Jolla Blue Book blog for tips on everything from where to go to how to celebrate with the family!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Valentine Date Night in La Jolla - January 21, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for January 21 – 22 - January 21, 2017
- What to do in La Jolla on Rainy Days - January 18, 2017