Ready to taste some of the most popular La Jolla restaurants at a great deal? Enjoy some of the best dining and views that La Jolla has to offer during San Diego Restaurant Week, from casual to high end cuisine. Every restaurant specially prepares a prix-fixe menu which often includes, an appetizer, one entrée, and a delicious dessert.
There are a total of twenty-six participating La Jolla restaurants for San Diego Restaurant Week. Some will be offering either Lunch and/or dinner, here are our top 10 must try in no particular order. Also, don’t forget to enter our San Diego Restaurant Week giveaway — win a Lunch at Brockton Villa or a Dinner at Cafe Japengo. To enter click here, two random winners will be chose on Sept 15 at noon.
1. Brockton Villa (Lunch – $15 | Dinner – $30) Serving all American food for lunch and dinner with an amazing view of the Cove. What to get: Start off with Brockton Villa’s “Epic Chowder” and for the main entrée we recommend the Grilled Atlantic Salmon BLT with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Dill Aioli, Lettuce, Tomato, on Sourdough bread.
2. Cafe Japengo (Dinner – $40) Asian fusion food. What to get: Start off with the Curry Dusted Calamari, for main entrée try the Seared Diver Scallops with jemiji mushrooms, sweet potato hash brown butter, choy sum, plum wine syrup. Save room for dessert and go for the Chocolate Lava with vanilla gelato and caramel ganache.
3. George’s California Modern (Dinner – $40) Serving fresh modern California cuisine, one of the most popular places to dine in La Jolla. What to get: If you’re feeling adventurous start out with the Local Octopus prepared with Chino Farms melon, cucumber sorbet, lardo, chili, lime. Main entree, California Lamb with smoked yogurt, fresh chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomato, buckwheat. For dessert, Passion Fruit Curd, black sesame, chocolate. Again this is for the adventurous palette.
4. Herringbone (Lunch – $15 | Dinner – $40) Chef Brian Malarkey’s newest restaurant serving American and seafood dishes. What to get: For a light lunch try the Little Gem & Anchovy Caesar and finish off with Yuzu Meringue Tart (Black Sesame Pastry) for dessert.
5. NINE-TEN Restaurant (Dinner – $40) Serving innovative farm-to-table California cuisine in the heart of the village. What to get: Start off with the fig & smoked duck salad. Second course, braised prime beef short rib. Top it off with dessert, watermelon sorbet.
6. The Marine Room (Dinner – $40) Specializing in fine French cuisine, voted as one of the most romantic places to dine in year after year. What to get: Appetizer, Organic Sweet Corn Crab Bisque made with Vanilla Pearls, Fennel Pollen Financier, Guajillo Chile Oil. Main entrée, Center Cut Angus Filet Mignon with Porcini Potato, Blue Paradise, Fig Chutney, Zinfandel Reduction. Dessert, Grand Marnier Chocolate Fondant. Fanciest meal you will ever have for under $100 bucks!
7. The Mediterranean Room (Lunch – $20 | Dinner – $40) Located inside the historic La Valencia Hotel. What to get: For lunch start off with two spreads of Tzatziki and hummus served with pita and lavash. Follow it up with a La V Beef Burger served with caramelized onions, cheddar, and house butter pickles.
8. The Shores Restaurant (Dinner – $30) What to get: For a light dinner start off with the Strawberry Watermelon Salad served with Wild Arugula, Fennel, Feta, Balsamic reduction. Main entrée, Coriander Crusted Ono with Black Forbidden rice, Watercress, Coconut Green Curry Gruner Veltliner, PratchNiederosterreich, Austria. Finish it off with some tahitian Vanilla ice Cream.
9. The Patio on Lamont Street (Dinner – $30) Located a short distance from Bird Rock serving up delicious Contemporary cuisine. What to get: Start with Ceviche Tostadita, Crispy Wonton, Avocado Cream, Togarashi Aioli. Main entrée, Fish of the Day served with Spinach Pesto, Long Grain Pilaf, Tear Drop Tomato, Pan Roasted Zucchini, and Yellow Squash. This meal also comes with dessert, Duo of Mini Chocolate Cake and Crème Brûlée.
10. The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla (Dinner – $40) Great steakhouse at a great location off of Prospect. What to get: Here is another one for all of you adventurous foodies. Note all dishes are paired with wine. Start off with, BONE MARROW with salsa verde, anchovies & fresh herbs ~paired with ZINFANDEL bianchi. Entrée, BRAISED PORK BELLY, romesco, roasted garlic potatoes & frisee with sherry vinaigrette ~paired with SHIRAZ dead letter office. For dessert, DESSERT CHOCOLATE S’MORES chocolate budino, marshmallow & graham crackers ~paired with PORT taylor 10 year tawny.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: February 17th & 18th - February 15, 2018
- San Diego & La Jolla Weekend Events: February 17th & 18th - February 15, 2018
- Spotlight Feature: An Interview with Jason Millard of California Bicycle - February 15, 2018