For over 60 years, the rolling hills in Carlsbad come alive with vibrant colors. With nearly fifty acres of giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers, The Flower Fields are blooming and set to open this year on Saturday, March 1 until May 11. Every spring locals and visitors from all over the world visit North County to admire the displays of natural beauty and breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean.
There is something fun for everyone including live music, Sweet Pea Maze and playground for kids, tractor ride, bonsai exhibition, Ladies Style Day and show, orchid greenhouse, demonstrations and more. The Flower Fields are open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Ticket prices are $12 for adults, $11 for seniors 60+, $6 for kids ages 3-10, and kids 2 and under are free. Wagon rides are $5 for adults and $3 for kids. Tickets are available for purchase online or onsite.
The Flower Fields will host an assortment of fun events for all ages. Here is a schedule of upcoming events:
- Kid’s Day: Sunday, March 30
- Madame LeRoux & Krewe: Saturday, April 5
- Canon Photography Workshop: Sunday, April 6
- Bluegrass Day: Sunday, April 6
- Michele Lundeen and Blues Streak: Sunday, April 13
- Red Hat Ladies’ Day and Style Show: Sunday, April 13
- The Rhythm Method: Saturday, April 19
- Zydeco Day: Sunday, April 20
- Easter Morning Service: Sunday, April 20
- Blues Day: Saturday, April 26
- Box Canyon Band: Sunday, April 27
- Bonsai Show and Sale: Saturday, May 10-Sunday, May 11
- Mother’s Day Celebration: Sunday, May 11
The Flower Fields are located at 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008. For more information, visit www.theflowerfields.com. What are your favorite attractions at The Flower Fields? Share with us in the comments below!
[Images Courtesy of The Flower Fields]
Share, post and engage with the La Jolla community by using hashtag #LaJollaBB
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- What’s Good In San Diego This Weekend? April 22 – 23 - April 21, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for April 22 – 23 - April 20, 2017
- The Storied History of Brockton Villa - April 19, 2017