The La Jolla Historical Society has been a La Jolla institution since its inception in the 1940s; since then, its buildings have changed functions, titles, and hands several times. From the 40s until the early 60s, The Cottage (known today as Wisteria Cottage) served as The Balmer School and was later renamed La Jolla Country Day School. Then from the 60s until 2005, the structure served as a bookstore – first under the name Nexus and most recently the John Coles Bookstore. In 2008, the 1904 Craftsman-style cottage, garage, and surrounding structures were deeded to the Historical Society through the Scripps/Revelle family. The La Jolla Blue Book took a few minutes to chat with Heath Fox, Executive Director of the Society, to learn about its long history and recent renovations.