One of the most important weeks of the year for golf fans is happening this month – from January 28 – 31, the Torrey Pines Golf Course will again host the Farmers Insurance Open, San Diego’s prestigious leg of the PGA Tour. Last year’s champion, Jason Day, will return to defend his title, along with several other PGA Tour competitors. Continue reading
One of the most important days of the year for golf fans returns this February! From Thursday, Feb 5 through Sunday, Feb 8, the Torrey Pines Golf Course will be hosting another year of The Farmers Insurance Open, San Diego’s most prestigious PGA TOUR tournament. Seven-time champion Tiger Woods will be returning this year as well as reigning victor Scott Stallings, who took the win last year with a final score of 279.
Alright golf fans, this is the event you’ve been waiting for. Farmers Insurance Open is back! Pro golfer Tiger Woods is also back in La Jolla and will defend his 2013 Farmers Insurance Opener title. The annual PGA TOUR golf tournament will be held along the coast at Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla. Farmers Insurance Open sponsorship has been extended through 2019. Past winners include golfers Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson and Brandt Snedeker. Close to $2.5 million was generated from FIO last year which benefited more than 200 local groups through The Century Club of San Diego.
San Diego is home to over 70 miles of pristine coastline, offering vacationers stunning views from most locations in the city. However, the small resort-like community of La Jolla has a prime location along the shore with 10 small beaches of its own. When staying at one of the premier La Jolla hotels, vacationers have easy access to unbeatable views from several unique places.
- Mount Soledad – At a height of 822-feet, Mount Soledad is a prominent landmark in San Diego. Residents and visitors alike enjoy an incredible 360 degree view of the Pacific, La Jolla, the north coast and Mexico. Mount Soledad is also a popular cycling destination, offering vacationers an outdoor experience unlike any other.
- Museum of Contemporary Art – In addition to the many art galleries in La Jolla, vacationers can enjoy the Museum of Contemporary Art. From the museum, visitors can view more than 3,000 works of art, as well as the natural beauty of the surrounding area. A favorite spot at the museum is the meditation garden, a peaceful relaxation point offering an unobstructed view of the ocean.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course – Torrey Pines Golf Course sits on the coastal cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, providing golfers with a picturesque golf experience. The location is also a great spot to watch hang gliders and paragliders soar above the cliffs.
- La Valencia – One of the premier hotels in La Jolla, La Valencia’s Ocean View Terrace offers a spectacular setting for casual dining. With intimate tables and stunning sunsets, the Ocean View Terrace at La Valencia is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion.
- Windansea Beach – Windansea is a community of La Jolla that offers one of the most scenic beaches in Southern California. Most visitors describe the panoramic view as nothing short of spectacular. Windansea is also known for its incredible surf breaks, making it a popular destination for local and visiting surfers.
Use our online directory to find out more information about local hotels, restaurants and shopping, and make your La Jolla vacation one to remember.