Whether you’re looking to remodel or are facing some unexpected floor damage, you’ll find your best flooring solution at Prestige Floors Inc.! Prestige Floors Inc. is a favorite San Diego business specializing in hardwood floors with an excellent customer service record and sophisticated flooring technique. Head to this family owned business to get the fast, easy flooring experience you deserve. Continue reading
Home buyers who are actively looking for real estate in La Jolla will see many beautiful homes with gorgeous views. For sellers in La Jolla, the challenge is how to make your home stand out in a sea of fantastic properties. Each home has its own individual qualities that can be highlighted for showings, as well as flaws that can be underplayed. Some homeowners will even consult with an expert La Jolla interior designer to improve their décor for showings. No matter what the situation, certain preparations must take place to get your home ready for showings. Depending on the condition of the property, you may need to do some touch up painting, landscaping or deep cleaning of the interior.
Sellers can make changes to their home to improve showings, but often miss the important details. These are the top five details that could ruin your chances for an offer in the eyes of a home buyer.
- Pet Items. Families often become accustomed to their pet’s sent, hair and toys around the home. From the prospective of a buyer, the cat’s litter box in the dining room or a slobbery bone on the couch can be a big turn off. It is crucial that a seller clean up after their pet. Before a showing, make sure the home and yard are clear of pet toys and their bathroom areas are clean. Vacuum daily to get rid of the pet hair and use a deodorizer to neutralize the pet scent. When your home looks clean and smells nice, the potential buyers can focus on the positives of your home.
- Toys and Baby Supplies. While most buyers are forgiving of baby toys around the home, excessive toys can make the home seem untidy. Give yourself about 20 minutes before a showing to put away the toys. A toy chest or closet makes cleaning up items quick and easy for parents. Also, put away personal baby items such as diapers, breast pumps and empty bottles which can make some buyers feel uncomfortable.
- Cluttered Counters and Dirty Dishes. The kitchen is often a major factor in the sale of a home. If your counters are crowded with appliances, dish towels, spices or cutting boards, it can give the appearance that there is little counter space or not enough storage in the kitchen. Dirty dishes are another big turn off for home buyers. Make sure dishes are clean and put away before a showing.
- Personal Items and Toiletries. It is important to the home buyers that the bathroom is clean.
Make sure you clean the toothpaste off the sink, put dirty towels in the wash and mop the floors. Personal items such as prescriptions, body lotion containers, toothbrushes and treatments should also remain unseen to the potential buyers.
- Dirty Toilet and Toilet Seat. The bathroom toilet is not something your guests want to see. Make sure the toilet is clean and the lid is closed. Your bathrooms will show much better this way, allowing home buyers to see the positive aspects of the bathroom.
Surveys show that 20 percent of homeowners make these mistakes in preparing their home for showings. These five details are the biggest turnoffs for home buyers and could mean the difference between a full-price offer, a low-ball offer or no offer at all. If you are selling La Jolla Real Estate, follow these tips to ensure a successful showing and increase your chances of a better offer.