In anticipation of the seventh Star Wars film, “The Force Awakens” hitting theaters December 18, we’ve put together 5 fun ways you can get your Star Wars fix in San Diego before the big day. Still need tickets? Watch it in style at one of these participating San Diego luxury theaters near you. May the force be with you! Continue reading
This might be the busiest weekend in San Diego this year. With San Diego Comic-Con happening downtown to the Del Mar races to the north, there is no excuse to stay home this weekend (unless, of course, if you hate large crowds). So here is our weekend guide starting with La Jolla weekend events and closing with downtown San Diego Events. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Like everyone else, I am overwhelmed by the amount of events that take place during San Diego Comic Con International week, no longer a weekend – but a full week of geekdom and pop culture money making debauchery. Everyone wants a part of the action, and while that isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it can make planning overwhelming. So if you’re looking for ALL the events – including several gaming lounges and concerts that aren’t parties but just as fun – I suggest you visit these three links!
San Diego Comic-Con is back and we are bringing you up to date information from Thursday to Saturday.
Thursday – We saw panels from Tim Burton with his new animated film Frankenweenie to Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger in Expendables 2 Real American Heroes. Arnold and Sylvester seem like they had a great time filming this sequel and Arnold amused the fans by saying some sound bites such as “who is your daddy and what does he do?” Joining them on the panel where co-stars Terry Crews, Randy Couture, and Dolph Lundgren. The crowd gave a standing ovation to first time Con attendee Jackie Chan, who at 58 years old can still do all of his own stunts. Jackie Chan was promoting his new film Chinese Zodiac (CZ12), which opens at the end of the year 12-12-12. The WWE Champion CM Punk, World Heavy Weight Champion Sheamus, and Zack Ryder has a WWE panel that got “crashed” by top villain Alberto Del Rio. We also got a preview of the new animated movie Wreck-It Ralph, it shows the day in the life of villain video game characters starring John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman. Sam Raimi gave us a peek into his new project Oz the Great and Powerful which chronicles the wizards journey to Oz.
Stay tuned for more day-by-day updates plus Comic Con Exclusives giveaways!
Friday – schedule of panels we will cover:
AMC’s The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Resident Evil: Retribution
Didn’t get tickets to Comic-Con? Well here is your chance to win a free pass to this years Comic-Con in San Diego courtesy of La Jolla Blue Book. Entering is FREE, fast and easy! If you don’t make it to the Con this year follow us on twitter @LaJollaBueBook for real time updates, pictures and videos! Also, who says you need a pass to party during the Con? Check out the official guide to all San Diego Comic-Con International 2012 Events & #SDCC After Parties by TheMixster.com.
CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!! CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER HOLLIS KILBY OF SAN DIEGO, CA! STAY TUNED FOR MORE GIVEAWAYS!
The grand prize winner will receive a 1 (one) day complimentary pass for 2012 San Diego Comic-Con International.
Entering to win is fast and easy! Simply click on the Comic Con contest app icon located on our Facebook page which will lead you to the official contest. To enter you must “like” us on Facebook. CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!
Only persons residing in the United States who are at least 18 years of age can enter.
July 03, 2012 –
CONTEST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER HOLLIS KILBY OF SAN DIEGO, CA!
July 10, 2012 @ 12:00 pm (PST)
The winner or selected entrant has 12 hours after being selected (e.g. drawing date & time) to contact us.
Read the official drawing rules below.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, San Diego Comic-Con or San Diego Convention Center. You understand that you are providing your information to Blue Book Publishers Inc., and not to Facebook.
OFFICIAL DRAWING RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
The La Jolla Blue Book Facebook “Like us” Drawing will begin on Tuesday July 3, 2012 and end on Tuesday July 10, 2012. This promotion will be conducted exclusively online. One (1) winner will be awarded 1 (one) Complimentary Pass to 2012 San Diego Comic-Con International convention. Prize is only valid for one-time redemption.
HOW TO ENTER:
Legal residents of the U.S. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the drawing, participants must do the following:
1. Participants must “like” La Jolla Blue Book Facebook page, found at: http://www.facebook.com/LaJollaBlueBook
2. “Like” must be completed by July 10, 2012.
3. Only one entry per person allowed.
4. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail and/or Facebook account at the time the entry was made.
1. The drawing is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of contest registration, unless otherwise specified.
2. Employees of Blue Book Publishers Inc., its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this drawing.
3. Participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
2. Prize package will include a specified prize that consists of the following:
a. A 1 (one) day Complimentary Pass to the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con International convention.
3. No substitution of prize is offered (including cash), no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value.
4. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by Blue Book Publishers Inc. The winner will be notified by email, Facebook message the SAME day after being selected. (e.g., date of drawing). A verification code will be provided to the winner at this time. The winner or selected entrant will then have 12 hours to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within 12 hours after being selected (e.g. drawing date), or is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited.
5. Winner will be instructed to call or e-mail Blue Book Publishers Inc. at (858) 729-5307 or Vanessa@lajollabluebook.com to claim their prize. Winners must provide the verification code given to them at the time they were notified by Blue Book Publishers Inc., in order to verify their identity and claim their prize.
6. PRIZE REDEMPTION: Winner must redeem prize by July 15, 2012. In order to redeem prize, winner must pick up pass at our offices located at 7911 Herschel Ave Ste 205 La Jolla, CA 92037 and register it online at www.comic-con.org/comps. Your individual code (located at the bottom left hand corner) is very important and can only be used once!
1 During the allotted time period (July 3 – July 10 2012), eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the promotion by “Liking” La Jolla Blue Book online at
http://www.facebook.com/LaJollaBlueBook. Qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win the grand prize.
1. The prize drawing will take place on posted contest end date (July 10, 2012). The winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received electronically.
2. The grand prize winner will be notified with a winning verification code by e-mail and/or Facebook message.
3. Winners will be responsible for claiming their prize by contacting Blue Book Publishers Inc. at (858) 729-5307 or Vanessa@lajollabluebook.com to claim their prize. Winners must provide the verification code given to them at the time they were notified by Blue Book Publishers Inc., in order to verify their identity and claim their prize.
4. PRIZE REDEMPTION: Winner must redeem prize by July 14, 2012. In order to redeem prize, winner must register pass online.
5. All decisions made by Blue Book Publishers Inc., management or any promotion sponsor regarding any aspect of this promotion are final.
1. No purchase necessary. Promotion is void where prohibited. Drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
2. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Promotion Period.
3. Blue Book Publishers Inc. retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all promotion rules are not followed.
4. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Blue Book Publishers Inc., have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof.
5. Any information collected by registering to enter the contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Drawing Rules.
6. If for any reason, the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified entries, or any other causes beyond Blue Book Publishers Inc., control which, in Blue Book Publishers Inc., sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, Blue Book Publishers Inc., reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the drawing at their sole discretion.
La Jolla Blue Book was at San Diego Comic Con 2011 and we had a blast. For those of you who did not make it, we have uploaded our Comic Con pictures and so please visit the La Jolla Blue Book Facebook Page to see our 2011 San Diego Comic Con pictures.
Comic Con is one of the best San Diego events each year and so be sure to join La Jolla Blue Book along with the rest of the crazies next year at San Diego Comic Con!
Enjoy this recap in pictures of the 2011 San Diego Comic Con courtesy of La Jolla Blue Book!