La Jolla is set to host this years Fashion Week San Diego Fall Runway Show with a series of week-long events featuring up-and-coming fashion designers on Sept. 28 through Oct. 4, 2015. Continue reading
EASTER BRUNCH GUIDE | LA JOLLA | 2013
George’s At The Cove
Chef Trey Foshee invites you to enjoy a special Easter brunch menu on Sunday, March 31, 2013, at George’s at the Cove. It’s a California Modern take on Easter favorites, including Brioche French Toast, Eggs Benedict, Chilaquiles, Thai Snapper and Prime Shortrib Hash.
• George’s California Modern opens at 10:00 a.m. for brunch.
• George’s Ocean Terrace opens at 11:00 a.m. for lunch.
• George’s Bar opens at 10:00 a.m. for drinks, with food available at 11:00 a.m.
The Marine Room
Enjoy breathtaking ocean views during a special Easter Brunch Buffet featuring Vanilla Ricotta Blintz, Buchmann’s Ranch Cage Free Eggs Benedict, Coriander Pesto Crusted Colorado Leg of Lamb, Seafood Bouillabaisse, a variety of delicious desserts and more. Cost is $58 per person, special children’s pricing applies. Sunday, March 31, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Gather with friends and family to celebrate Easter Sunday with an extravagant holiday buffet featuring Whole Prime Rib, Leg of Lamb, Wild Pacific Salmon and La Valencia’s Signature Paella. Kids are in for a treat with special activity Easter baskets, egg hunts in the ocean view garden at 11:30am & 1:30pm, and a visit from the legendary Easter Bunny. Sunday, March 31st – seating times: 10:30am-2:00pm
Price: $85 per person │ $38 per child (12 years old and under) plus tax and gratuity
Reservations Required │858.551.3765
The Shores Restaurant
Enjoy an exquisite brunch buffet featuring seasonal cuisine like Con Pane Chocolate Bread French Toast, Whole-Grain Mustard Crusted Prime Rib, Iowa Bone-In Ham, a variety of desserts, a children’s station and more. Cost is $46 per person, $23 children 6 to 12 years, $4 per year children 5 and under. Sunday, March 31, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Fresh, homemade pastries and breakfast breads, salmon smoked right in their own kitchen, brioche french toast, their famous short rib panini and blood orange sorbet are just a few of the reasons why NINE-TEN is La Jolla’s gathering place for Easter Sunday. Sunday, March 31 st, 2013 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Brockton Villa will be offering some Easter Brunch specials on Sunday, March 31st 8am-3pm.
Cusp Dining & Drinks
Cusp will be serving up a $25 brunch buffet with $12 bottomless mimosas. To sweeten the deal, kids under 10 eat free, and they’ll get a little present for Easter on their way out. Sunday, March 31 from 10am to 3pm.
Flemming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Enjoy a delicious 3-course menu for $36.95* from 11:30 a.m.–3 p.m. Also offering a tasty 3-course children’s brunch for $17.95.* Regular menu available from 11:30 a.m., brunch menu available only through 3 p.m. Sunday, March 31st.
Plus, receive a $25 dining card valid for a future visit.**
In addition to their standard brunch menu, Herringbone will be offering a maple glazed smoked ham with poached eggs, asparagus and hollandaise for $16. Chef Amanda has also created a special Sunday Supper menu:
First: Confit Hare Terrine OR Pissaladiere, caramelized onion and anchovy flatbread
Second: Roasted Leg of Lamb, Sauce Persillade, Hot Cross Buns OR Brown Sugar Glazed Mangalista Ham (House Cured), Sweet Potatoes
Dessert: Carrot Custard Pie, Gingersnap Crust
Sunday, March 31st. Please call for reservations at 858-459-0221
A R Valentien
Enjoy a delicious 3-Course prefix Easter Brunch or Dinner. Easter Brunch will be offered from 12pm – 4pm. Easter Dinner is from 4pm – 10pm. Adults are $85 and Children are $40. Sunday, March 31st.
San Diego is home to over 70 miles of pristine coastline, offering vacationers stunning views from most locations in the city. However, the small resort-like community of La Jolla has a prime location along the shore with 10 small beaches of its own. When staying at one of the premier La Jolla hotels, vacationers have easy access to unbeatable views from several unique places.
- Mount Soledad – At a height of 822-feet, Mount Soledad is a prominent landmark in San Diego. Residents and visitors alike enjoy an incredible 360 degree view of the Pacific, La Jolla, the north coast and Mexico. Mount Soledad is also a popular cycling destination, offering vacationers an outdoor experience unlike any other.
- Museum of Contemporary Art – In addition to the many art galleries in La Jolla, vacationers can enjoy the Museum of Contemporary Art. From the museum, visitors can view more than 3,000 works of art, as well as the natural beauty of the surrounding area. A favorite spot at the museum is the meditation garden, a peaceful relaxation point offering an unobstructed view of the ocean.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course – Torrey Pines Golf Course sits on the coastal cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, providing golfers with a picturesque golf experience. The location is also a great spot to watch hang gliders and paragliders soar above the cliffs.
- La Valencia – One of the premier hotels in La Jolla, La Valencia’s Ocean View Terrace offers a spectacular setting for casual dining. With intimate tables and stunning sunsets, the Ocean View Terrace at La Valencia is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion.
- Windansea Beach – Windansea is a community of La Jolla that offers one of the most scenic beaches in Southern California. Most visitors describe the panoramic view as nothing short of spectacular. Windansea is also known for its incredible surf breaks, making it a popular destination for local and visiting surfers.
Use our online directory to find out more information about local hotels, restaurants and shopping, and make your La Jolla vacation one to remember.
Traveling with your pet can be challenging, especially when it comes to finding pet friendly hotels. As a proud dog owner, a Yorkie named Monty, knowing where I can and cannot bring my dog is crucial and that’s why I’ve put together this list of pet friendly hotels in La Jolla. If I missed any hotels or if you have other helpful tips please feel free to leave a comment below! Ready to eat? Check out these dog friendly La Jolla restaurants with doggie menus. Continue reading
EASTER BRUNCH GUIDE | LA JOLLA | APRIL 8, 2012
Break out your pastels and egg baskets because it’s Easter Sunday! Enjoy an Easter Sunday Brunch with family and friends at any of these fine dining restaurants in La Jolla. Reservations are highly recommended.
La Valencia Kids can enjoy arts & crafts in the Verandah Room and Easter Egg Hunt in the Garden starting at 11:30 am. And of course there will also be an appearance from the Easter Bunny. Seating Times: 10:30 am and 1:30 pm. Price: $85 per person, $38 per child under 12 years old and under.
1132 Prospect St
La Jolla, CA 92037
The Marine Room The extensive Easter buffet features new dishes, including Carob Rosemary Crusted Black Angus Ribeye, Seafood Crepes La Jolla, Hoisin Macadamia Crusted Barramundi, Petit Syrah Braised Jidori Chicken Coq Au Vin, Preserved Lemon Ravioli, and much more. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $58 per person.
2000 Spindrift Dr
La Jolla, CA 92037
The Shores Restaurant Oceanfront buffet, named “Best Brunch” by Gayot and the La Jolla Village News.Executive Chef Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Amy DiBiase highlight local flavors with special menu items. Sunday, April 8, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. $46 per person, $23 children 12 to 6 years, $4 per year children 5 and under.
8110 Camino Del Oro
La Jolla, CA 92037
George’s California Modern It’s a California Modern take on Easter favorites, including Brioche French Toast, Eggs Benedict, Niman Ranch Pork Loin and Cheek, White Seabass, and Prime Shortrib Hash.
1250 Prospect St
La Jolla, CA 92037
Fleming’s A Flavorful 3-Course Brunch, Served from 11:30 am to 3 pm. Regular menu will also be available throughout the day and evening. Space is limited for this popular holiday, and reservations are strongly recommended. $34.95 per person.
8970 University Center Lane
San Diego, CA 92122
There are certainly many other options to consider. If this list doesn’t quite do it for you, visit this link to check out some other popular La Jolla restaurants.