Just steps away from La Jolla Cove, the Pantai Inn offers luxurious hotel rooms inspired by the beautiful island of Bali. There are 24 rooms with 12 different room types, all of which are perfect for a family getaway, romantic staycation for two or the avid business traveler. La Jolla Blue Book spent the morning touring the Pantai Inn and we were absolutely blown away by its calming atmosphere and modern amenities. Come take a peek inside and experience Balinese Tranquility at the Pantai Inn in La Jolla. Continue reading
When you are planning a trip for your entire family, you want to make sure that you take into account your accommodations and location. Many families plan their trip without doing enough research into the hotel in which they are staying, and that can mean some boredom setting in for the younger members of your brood.
Even though La Jolla has a number of great things for the whole family to see and do, you have to make sure that the hotel in which you are staying is going to be kid friendly and a good fit for your particular kids. Fortunately, you will be able to find some high quality kid friendly La Jolla hotels without too much trouble. But it’s choosing from among these great options that is difficult and this requires you to narrow what amenities are most important to you. If water is important, you are luck because many of the popular hotels in the area are close to the beach or La Jolla Cove or have pools available. If proximity to shopping and dining is at the top of the list, there are again fantastic hotel options to consider. Below are some of the best hotels for families in La Jolla.
La Jolla Shores Hotel for example, offers some great things that parents are sure to appreciate. They have cribs, rollaway beds for the older children, and even a children’s menu at their onsite restaurant. And in terms of a child friendly location, the La Jolla Shores Hotel and its neighbor the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club may best all its rivals as these properties are literally on the La Jolla Shores beach and thus are steps away from the Ocean. And this incredible location means that families can step outside their rooms at these two hotels and walk a few seconds to reach the beach and play catch or paddle ball on the sand, jump in the ocean water and snorkel, frolick in the waves, kayak or even surf! For athletic children who enjoy swinging a club or racket, be sure to call these properties to inquire about the pitch and put golf course and tennis courts at the Beach Club and/or Shores Hotel.
If you prefer a La Jolla hotel that’s closer to the downtown La Jolla village, the Best Western Inn By the Sea is a few blocks away from the heart of shopping district on Prospect Street and Girard Avenue and is a great family-friendly hotel with a wonderful heated pool and cribs upon request at no additional charge. The La Valencia Hotel is also a great option for family travelers as it offers childcare services if you need it and also is home to a great pool. Located on Prospect Street, this historic hotel is really the perfect option for parents desiring a luxurious and elegant stay in incredible rooms overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
While we have only listed just a sliver of the many La Jolla hotel options that you should consider, this overview would be incomplete without mentioning Mission Bay, which is an incredible place to stay if beach and water sports activities are your thing. Located just a few miles south of La Jolla, the Bahia Resort Hotel and Catamaran Resort Hotel are both located at Mission Bay and offer kids a plethora of water activities including sailing, water skiing, biking, skating, and much more.
The hotels mentioned above are just a couple of examples of the kid friendly properties that are available in and around La Jolla when you are traveling with your little ones. Again, we encourage all those travelling to La Jolla and Coastal San Diego to be careful when selecting a hotel to make sure it has the accommodations and location you desire for your family trip. Because La Jolla is such a popular community to visit, many of the websites you’ll find when searching the internet are full of misleading information about the hotels in La Jolla. It is very easy for even the most experienced travelers who rely on the web to be fooled into booking a hotel that is not located close to the beach, not located close to shopping or family attractions and it’s even possible to book a hotel not really all that close to the community.
To avoid being tricked or at least not getting what you expect when selecting your hotel, if there is any doubt in your mind about the features, amenities and/or location of a hotel, we suggest that you take proactive steps and to call in advance of your trip for clarification.
La Jolla Blue Book presents our latest “Quiet on the Set” La Jolla video series featuring the best La Jolla California businesses and La Jolla attractions.
This La Jolla Blue Book video features Inn by the Sea hotel (formerly Best Western) in La Jolla California. Located in the heart of downtown La Jolla Village, the Best Western Plus Inn By The Sea is an affordable La Jolla hotel with fantastic features for business travelers and vacationers.
The Best Western Plus Inn by the Sea La Jolla hotel is within the famous downtown La Jolla shopping district and just a few blocks away from the beautiful La Jolla Cove La Jolla beach and of course the Pacific Ocean! From the hotel, you can walk to all the La Jolla boutiques, beaches, shops and fantastic La Jolla restaurants.
If affordability and proximity to La Jolla dining and shopping is a priority, strongly consider booking at the Best Western Plus Inn by the Sea La Jolla hotel.
To learn more, visit Best Western Plus Inn by the Sea online, or contact the La Jolla hotel by the sea at:
7830 Fay Avenue
La Jolla CA 92037
San Diego has been a top tourist destination for summer getaways for years, and La Jolla is one of the most popular beach towns people love to visit in the area. La Jolla is known for their abundance of fun outdoor activities, safe neighborhoods, gorgeous coastline, and perfect weather. While you may be experiencing 100+ degree weather back home over summer, La Jolla is probably hovering around 72 and sunny. There aren’t too many places in the world quite like a summer getaway in La Jolla.
The city has a number of comfortable hotels ranging from five star luxury spa-like resorts to small and quaint beach hotels that you can find on La Jolla Blue Book local guide. No matter what your budget is or what type of traveler you are, there is something for everyone in La Jolla. Some of the beach hotels are better for families while others are great for romantic getaways. You can choose to be beachfront or tucked away in the hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- La Jolla Shores Hotel: If you are visiting La Jolla and want to be literally beachfront where your toes are in the sand when you walk out your door, this is the place for you. Great for both families and couples looking for a beach getaway, the La Jolla Shores provides a friendly, laid back atmosphere that will help foster relaxation on vacation.
- Best Western Inn by the Sea La Jolla: Best Western Inn by the Sea in La Jolla is a great choice for vacationers on a bit of a budget, but who still want amenities. Each room has a balcony, WiFi is provided to all guests, and complimentary water bottles and chocolates are provided along with continental breakfast. Guests can watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean on their own private balcony.
- La Jolla Village Lodge: Just minutes from La Jolla’s best dining, shopping and recreational activities. Known as an affordable boutique hotel, La Jolla Village Lodge had amenities such as refrigerators, coffee makers, hair dryers, cable and WiFi. The rooms are the perfect comfortable place to come back to after a fun day of outings in beautiful La Jolla.
- Empress Hotel of La Jolla: A step up from a budget hotel but not at a price that breaks the bank. You get all the business class amenities, central location, and friendly staff for around $175/night.
- Scripps Inn La Jolla Cove: The Scripps Inn provides the best amenities in a relaxing, elegant and beach-like atmosphere. Warm colors and fresh linens adorn the spacious rooms that are equipped with cozy furniture and all the necessary amenities like coffee makers. Guests can choose from Oceanview King Suites to Garden Suites, and all other Mediterranean-inspired rooms in between.
- The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla: For those who prefer the charm of bed and breakfasts, La Jolla hast a surprise in store. The colorful and cozy rooms are all decorated uniquely, with different design themes throughout each room. All guests are sure to fine the perfect room for them, whether they are looking for a garden-themed room or a simple, elegant retreat. Different packages are available, which include gourmet breakfast, views, cable, wine and cheese, and much more.
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla: For around $250 per night, you can stay at the top rated accommodations in all of La Jolla. The spacious guest rooms have large bathrooms, comfortable kind beds, relaxing décor, and most importantly spectacular ocean views. This is the ultimate hotel for a romantic couple’s getaway.
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines: The hotel with all of the best amenities and also located in the quaint town of La Jolla makes for a perfect summer getaway. You can tee off on the Torrey Pines golf course next door, eat at the fine dining restaurant onsite, swim in the Olympic pool, or even get a massage in the full service spa. The Lodge at Torrey Pines is built for complete relaxation and enjoyment of the natural beauties La Jolla has to offer.
- Hotel Parisi: Located right in the center of La Jolla village, the Hotel Parisi has a spacious rooms with a modern décor and first class amenities. You can walk to all the major attractions nearby and at the end of a long day come back to a room that will make you feel like royalty.
- La Valencia Hotel: The beautiful Mediterranean style hotel is located oceanfront and each luxuriously appointed suite features gorgeous views. The pool, hot tub, nautical themed bar, and location are just the beginning of onsite amenities that make this a perfect summer getaway location.
Planning to vacation in La Jolla? Or need somewhere to stay while your house is under construction? Lucky for you, we’ve done the research for you and put together a list of dog friendly hotels in La Jolla!
As the Trusted La Jolla Directory since 1937, we encourage you to refer to us for more information on businesses in La Jolla from the best La Jolla Restaurants to the best La Jolla veterinarians in case something happens to your furry best friend while on your La Jolla vacation.
For those of us who can’t go anywhere without our dogs, search no further! Here is a list of pet friendly hotels that allow you to bring your dog with you to paradise!
Some of the hotels listed below have weight limits and some charge for cleanup and so be sure to call in advance to get more details.
Pet Friendly Hotels in and around La Jolla:
Hotel La Jolla at the Shores – 60 pounds
La Valencia Hotel – 25 pounds
Scripps Inn – 30 pounds
Bahia Hotel – 50 pounds
Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla – 35 pounds
Catamaran Resort – 50 pounds
Empress Hotel – 40 pounds
Grand Del Mar – 25 pounds
And for those that want nothing to do with animals while on vacation, we’ve also got you covered as we’ve included below the beautiful La Jolla hotels that do not permit dogs other than those licensed as service animals.
No Pets Allowed In These Otherwise Fabulous Hotels in La Jolla:
Best Western Inn by the Sea– Service Animals only
La Jolla Shores Hotel – Service Animals only
Grande Colonial La Jolla – Service Animals only
Hotel Parisi – Service Animals only
Lodge at Torrey Pines – Service Animals only
We have tried to provide accurate information but it’s possible that we could have made an error or that hotel policies may change and so please do call each hotel to verify the information.
[Image: Hotel La Jolla]