Staying at a downtown La Jolla hotel? Be sure to explore the wonderful shopping scene that this jewel city has to offer. Simply walk down the small streets in La Jolla Village and you’re bound to find several recognizable name-brand stores, small trendy boutiques and even some designer consignment shops that will tempt you inside.
Ready to shop ’till you drop? Here are a few of our favorites stores, perfect for indulging in a treat for yourself or a gift for you loved ones!
- Ralph Lauren is the one-stop-shop for stylish men, women and children in La Jolla. Their clothing store is located off Girard Avenue, but their home products can be found in other stores like Aja Arts & Antiques or Seaside Home. Ralph Lauren’s online fall 2013 style guide is pushing plaid flannel for men and head to toe leather for women.
- Gambucci is Parisian boutique meets personal Hollywood stylist. In fact, owner Lauren Gambucci frequents many New York and Paris trade shows on the hunt for new fashions to bring back to her La Jolla boutique. She carries big name brands but prides herself on providing an unparalleled shopping experience and really getting to know her customers.
- Brooks Brothers encompasses the affordable luxury of La Jolla style with seamless coats, cashmere sweaters and a wallet-friendly sales rack. Their Black Fleece line, which hit stores in 2007, is the beautiful fashion forward collection designed by Thom Browne and is definitely worth checking out.
- Le Chauvinist is the only just for men consignment store in all of San Diego. This specialty shop carries designer clothing, shoes and accessories for men as well as some fun vintage items. They also proudly carry handmade Panama hats from Ecuador, which fly off the shelves. Looking for something specific? Check out their online inventory list.
- Shannon & Co. is an upscale children’s boutique off Wall Street. The trendy kid’s store also happens to be owned by Kim Kardashian’s grandmother, Mary Jo Shannon. Along with clothes, shoppers can purchase locally written children’s books, handmade blankets and baby Uggs. If you’re searching for a gift, the store staff will even wrap and ship it for you!
For a complete list of La Jolla shops click here to go visit our home page where you can find the “shopping” tab on the left hand side. And with the holiday’s fast approaching, maybe you can get a jump start on your gifts for 2013!
Latest posts by Vanessa Turkeltaub (see all)
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for October 22-23, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for October 15-16, 2016 - October 13, 2016
- 10 Pumpkin Patches and Farms in San Diego - October 10, 2016