In celebration of 25 years of exhibitions in the Athenaeum’s expanded gallery space, the Music & Arts Library invites you to a SECRET SALE this April! Inspired by the annual Secret Sale at the Royal College of Art in London, this is a great chance to snap up some brand-new artwork by locally and nationally acclaimed artists. The catch: artist names will only be revealed after the sale. 50+ artists, brand new artwork, and one day to purchase!
A number of artists who have exhibited with the Athenaeum in solo or group shows have been asked to create an 8 x 10″ piece of art. Every piece will be sold for $200 each. The secret is that the artists’ names will not be revealed until after the artwork has been purchased. All curious and potential buyers can view the exhibition at the Viewing Reception and during gallery hours April 26 – 29. The artwork will be sold on a first come, first served basis on Saturday morning (April 30). Doors will open promptly at 10am.
Here’s How It Works…
1. Browse the Secret Images
- Attend the viewing reception on Saturday, April 23, 6:30-8:30pm
- Check out the exhibition between April 26-29 (Gallery hours that week:Tuesday through Saturday 10am-5:30pm, Wednesday 10am – 8:30pm).
- Log on to ljathenaeum.org/secret-sale.
2. Pick out your favorites. Be sure to pick a few, just in case your favorites sell to someone in line ahead of you.
3. Buy the Secret Artwork. All artwork will be sold on Saturday, April 30 for $200 each. Doors will open at 10am and artwork will be sold first come, first served.
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library is located at 1008 Wall Street in La Jolla Village. If you have any questions, give them a call at (858) 454-5872.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Exploring The Coastline With La Jolla Kayak - June 28, 2018
- An Interview with Dennis Wills of D.G. Wills Books - January 4, 2017
- The Magical History of Old Globe Theatre - January 4, 2017