In 2013, OpenTable ranked La Jolla as the fourth most romantic city in the United States with San Diego coming in 16th. La Jolla has oftentimes been called a city for lovers because stunning sunsets are visible from nearly every restaurant, quaint wine bars and cafes are tucked into every corner, and boutique La Jolla hotels are among the best in the country.
As you and your significant other plan your La Jolla getaway, consider adding some of these La Jolla hotspots to the nightlife list if you’re looking to listen to some fantastic live music:
- Beaumont’s Eatery has live music every Thursday at 7:30 pm, every Friday and Saturday at 9 pm, as well as an Acoustic Sunday Brunch at 11:30 am that’s not to be missed.
- Eddie V’s creates a cozy but social mix-and-mingle atmosphere while live jazz plays from 4 to 7 pm every night of the week. These hours are also Eddie V’s designated happy hour so try some of their classic appetizers and cocktails as you listen to sweet melodies.
- La Valencia spices things up in their swanky hotel lounge with flamenco, salsa or Latin jazz Thursday through Saturday at 7 pm.
- Manhattan of La Jolla sets the scene for moody jazz melodies and soulful tunes in their dim lit lounge where guests can hear Tad Sisler sing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Prospect Bar & Grill is a great place to grab a happy hour drink from 3-6 pm. Then, we recommend sticking around for their evening live music session. Live-music is only performed Tuesday through Sunday so plan accordingly.
- The Marine Room hosts live blues, jazz or piano with an ocean view every Friday through Saturday starting at 7 pm. For those who brought there dancing shoes, there’s also room to show off your moves.
- The Shores is the place to go to listen to Latin jazz or blues music on Mondays at 6 pm. They change their performers regularly so if you’re looking to enjoy a particular style of music, be sure to call ahead.
So grab your honey and hit the town to relax with a glass of wine in hand or to twist and twirl your partner on the dance floor. La Jolla is the city for lovers as long as you have the best La Jolla Directory at the tip of your fingers. La Jolla Blue Book is the one stop shop for anything and everything La Jolla and is a great resource for both vacationers and tourists.
Check out our website at www.lajollabluebook.com for suggestions on the best La Jolla hotels, where to eat and what to do!
Share, post and engage with the La Jolla community by using hashtag #LaJollaBB
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- 4 Things to do in La Jolla Memorial Day Weekend - May 26, 2017
- La Jolla and San Diego Memorial Day Weekend Ceremonies for 2017 - May 25, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for May 27 – 28 - May 24, 2017