Now that Presidents Day Weekend has officially come to an end, we thought we’d tempt you with a few reasons to vacation before Memorial Day in May – mostly because we know it seems like a lifetime away. Is there a better vacation destination than the beautiful and relaxing beachfront community of La Jolla, CA? We didn’t think so! But if you need a bit of convincing, here are our top 6 “excuses” for planning a La Jolla vacation sooner rather than later.
- No time is a bad time to visit. The mild Southern California climate and year round sunshine makes La Jolla a great vacation destination any time of year. And although the current drought in California is causing concern among global warming experts, vacationers are rejoicing as there’s an even lower chance for gloomy skies and rain in the near future.
- Stunning seaside location. The community of La Jolla is perched directly on top of the water, giving visitors plenty of opportunity to enjoy the sand and the surf. Even a majority of the shops and stores boast panoramic water views, something that is pretty hard to find anywhere else.
- Accommodations for every budget. Last minute vacations are often stifled by budget restrictions. Fortunately, the variety of La Jolla hotels allows guests to select the one that best matches their needs, preferences and price point. Choose from a quaint and cozy bed and breakfast or opt for the full resort experience with five star accommodations.
- Couples, friends and families welcome. La Jolla is often mistaken as a romantic-couples only destination. There are however, just as many family friendly hotels, restaurants and activities to enjoy as there are romantic escapes. No matter who you’re vacationing with, you’re sure to fit right in.
- Global cuisine. There are only a handful of places where you have the choice of cuisines from all over the globe and La Jolla happens to be one of them. From Asian inspired restaurants serving up classic Chinese, Japanese and Thai dishes to all American burger joints and Italian pizza parlors, your taste buds will surely be satisfied. Click here for a directory of La Jolla restaurants and see if there’s anything that catches your eye!
- Activities for all ages. Art galleries, museums, a children’s aquarium, surfing, water sports, churches in La Jolla – this doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of the countless activities that can be enjoyed. Whether you’re looking to enjoy a regular Sunday Service or you’re interested in soaking up the culture and history of the area, everything you’ll need is within a small 5 mile radius.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your winter vacation to La Jolla and don’t forget to use the La Jolla Blue Book as your local resource for community and events!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for May 20 – 21 - May 19, 2017
- 5 Things to do in La Jolla this Weekend: May 20 – 21 - May 18, 2017
- Spotlight Feature on Piatti Ristorante & Bar - May 18, 2017