Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, bachelorette party or are just looking for a way to catch up with your girlfriends, La Jolla is the ideal destination for a girls’ weekend getaway. With luxury waterfront hotels, a boutique shopping district and a variety of nearby restaurants to enjoy, there is no shortage of fun activities in this seaside community. Need some ideas to enhance your weekend retreat? You’ve come to the right place! Here are some of our favorite (and relaxing) La Jolla pastimes.
- Lounging by the pool or beach. You don’t have to pack your itinerary with outdoor activities to enjoy the company of your friends. Grab you sunscreen and catch some rays as you lay out on the sundeck of your La Jolla hotel and enjoy the unparalleled panoramic views of the Pacific.
- Spending a day at the spa. There’s no better way to escape the hustle and bustle of work and family life than by spending a day at one of the luxurious day spas in La Jolla. Offering a menu of massages, facials, nail treatments and more, pamper yourself and gossip during your day at the spa.
- Celebrating with appetizers and a cocktail. La Jolla is home to some of the area’s top restaurants and world-class chefs. With many popular La Jolla restaurants offering happy hour seven days a week, gather your girlfriends and spend the evening enjoying fresh, seasonal dishes and specialty cocktails.
With the busy summer season, weekend accommodations are booking up fast so make sure to make your weekend retreat reservations as soon as possible! For additional ideas for activities, shopping, restaurants and more, check out our online La Jolla Blue Book directory.
Latest posts by Vanessa Turkeltaub (see all)
- Community Spotlight: Dr. John Morizi – Pet Health Center of La Jolla - September 27, 2016
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for September 24-25, 2016 - September 23, 2016
- La Jolla Picks for San Diego Restaurant Week - September 21, 2016