Celebrate the holidays at the beach! On Saturday December 13, “Discover PB” will present its annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Parade along one of the busiest streets in Pacific Beach. Thousands of spectators will get to enjoy floats, school marching bands, color guards, children’s marching groups, clowns, and of course, Santa Claus. The event will be from 1pm to 3:30pm along Garnet Ave, between Haines St. and Mission Blvd.
Be sure to arrive early so you can find a good spot to view the parade. Admission is completely free, so bring your family and friends and enjoy an entire afternoon of holiday festivities! The theme for this year’s parade, “Everything Old Is New Again,” is an encouragement to rediscover your old family holiday traditions and recreate them with new friends.
Earlier in the day will be the popular San Diego Santa Run, a series of runs that will take place on Garnet Avenue. This year there will be a 5K “fun” run as well as three different 1-mile runs: a “Santa’s Little Helper” run with your dog, a “Santa’s Elves” kids’ run, and a “Speedy Santa” competitive/timed run. Come out in your finest (or ugliest) Christmas attire and take part in this one-of-a-kind holiday experience! Each race requires a different admission fee, ranging from $15 – $45.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 AM: Registration/Check-In Opens
- 10:30 AM: 5K Santa Run
- 11:45 AM: Santa’s Little Helper Wave 1 Mile (dog/owner)
- 12:10 PM: Santa’s Elves Wave 1 Mile (Kids)
- 12:30 PM: Speedy Santa Wave 1 Mile (Competitive)
- 12:50 PM: Awards (competitive 1 Mile wave only)
- 1:00 PM: Parade Begins
Head over to www.pacificbeach.org for parade details, race admission/signup information, and more.
Latest posts by Emily Ruchlewicz (see all)
- La Jolla Veterinary Hospital to Perform Free Dental Procedures for Pets During the Holidays - November 29, 2016
- Community Spotlight: Karen Anderson, DPM of La Jolla - November 29, 2016
- 10 Thanksgiving Week Activities in San Diego - November 18, 2016