La Jolla’s religious community is kicking off the Lenten season with plenty of fun faith-filled events. Local La Jolla Churches are a great place to meet new people, fellowship with likeminded individuals and enjoy family friendly fun all within the beauty of this seaside city. As Easter draws near, now is the time to really connect to your church family or, if you’re new to La Jolla, to find a place of worship to call home.
Here are some upcoming events at La Jolla churches that are worth checking out:
- La Jolla Lutheran Church: Today, March 14, they’re hosting their 5th Groundbreaking Art Exhibit from 6 to 9 pm. The exhibit, which will take place at the church, will feature several local artists. Come 7 pm the artists will talk about their work and at 8 pm there will be a talk about NYC art shows. This event is open to the general public and free to attend.
- La Jolla Christian Fellowship: On Saturday, March 29 at 9:30 a.m. women are encouraged to come hear Laurie Wallin speak during the Ladies Luncheon and Seminar. This author and life coach will be talking about how to embrace your unique “weirdness” and what to do when quirks clash. This event is $12 a person and includes access to the seminar, luncheon, workshop materials, and 2 raffle tickets.
- La Jolla Community Church: This religious organization hosts weekly events that are great for the kids. You can bring your children ages one to five to the “Mom & Me” play group at the sanctuary every third Tuesday from 9 to 10:30 am. On March 21 send your 4th or 5th grade girl to the Girl Sleepover for fun activities, devotional time and plenty of snacks. You could also participate in their weekly Prayer for the Nation group every Wednesday from noon to 1 pm at the sanctuary.
- St. James by the Sea Episcopal Church: This church holds a monthly Lunch Brunch and Women’s Dinner Group open to church goers and interested community members. On March 23 the church is welcoming Dr. David Moseley to speak about his encounters in the Middle East and every Wednesday through April 2 you can enjoy their Lenten Supper and Film Series. After enjoying a delicious Lenten supper guests get to watch A Beautiful Mind, Argo, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel or Cinema Paradiso followed by a brief discussion.
All of these events are open to the public and even if you’ve never attended the church service before you are encouraged to attend, especially if you are new to the area. Participating in church events is a great way to get involved in your community, meet new people all while having a wonderful time!
For more information on Churches and Synagogues in La Jolla, CA turn to your trusted local directory at lajollabluebook.com and click on the “Faith” tab!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Support La Jolla Restaurants By Ordering To-Go – - April 2, 2020
- La Jolla Open Houses – The Real Estate You Need To See - March 6, 2020
- La Jolla Open Houses – The Real Estate You Need To See - February 27, 2020