Traditionally, clowns are supposed to entertain us with their silly clothes and makeup, but why do they also terrify us? Last Halloween we created a list of the most terrifying clowns in fiction and non-fiction for Buzzfeed, and in the spirit of Halloween we thought we’d share it with you all! Sweet dreams!
1. Pennywise from It (1990)
Pennywise is pretty much your worst nightmare come true with a hearty appetite for children.
2. Twisty From American Horror Story: Freakshow(2014)
He totally wins for contemporary creep factor. Thanks AHS for continuing to be horrifying in a whole new way.
3. The Joker From The Dark Knight (2008)
Arguably Heath Ledger’s best role, and his most sinister.
4. The Possessed Doll From Poltergeist (1982)
This possessed doll made us terrified to look under our beds for years
5. Zombie Clown From Zombieland (2009)
What’s scarier than a creepy clown? A zombie clown!
See the complete list here.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- San Diego and La Jolla Weekend Events: June 16th & 17th - June 15, 2018
- Where to Get Dad the Perfect Gift this Father’s Day - June 14, 2018
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: June 16th & 17th - June 14, 2018