Are you planning a vacation to La Jolla, CA and looking to blend in? First things first, ditch the fanny pack and the disposable camera and add some stylish shades and designer duds. La Jolla is a small resort style surf community that caters to vacationers from all around the world. If you want to enjoy your travels without sticking out like a sore thumb, here are some tips on how to live like a local La Jollan:
- Know how to pronounce the city. La Jolla, pronounced “La Hoya”, means “the jewel” when translated into English.
- Don’t try to play with the seal pups at the Children’s Pool. The San Diego City Council just voted to close the small cove during seal pupping season from December to May to protect the animals from disturbances.
- Enjoy Sunday Brunch! Everyone who’s anyone in La Jolla is going to brunch on Sunday morning. The hottest La Jolla restaurants serving up mimosas and mouth-watering omelets are La Valencia’s Mediterranean Room, The Cottage, Brockton Villa and The Shores.
- Sign up to save money shopping. There are tons of shops in La Jolla Village but you shouldn’t pay full price when you could sign up for the E-club online at theshopsatlajollavillage.com to get exclusive savings sent right to your inbox.
- Dress the part. La Jolla is a laid back but very stylish community. For men try on a nice pair of khaki shorts with a short sleeve button up and nice sneakers or tailored jeans with a nautical sweater thrown over a collared shirt. Women tend to wear lots of luxurious layers. Trending right now are bright and flowing maxi skirts with a casual tank top, scarf, statement jewelry and designer sandals.
After following all of these tips you’re sure to look like a local La Jollan in no time! You might even be so convincing people will think you own a home in La Jolla. However, if you can’t move to La Jolla just yet, and trust us you’ll want to, just be sure to book a room at one of the top and trusted local hotels.
Everyone seems to agree that La Jolla, California is one of the top vacation destinations in the country. One trip here to see the stunning beaches, world-renowned restaurants and charming scenery and you won’t want to leave. To make sure you enjoy your stay to the fullest don’t hesitate to utilize the directory located at lajollabluebook.com. We have taken the hassle out of finding the best local hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes and more and compiling them all in one place for you!
Latest posts by Vanessa Turkeltaub (see all)
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for October 1-2, 2016 - September 30, 2016
- Community Spotlight: Dr. John Morizi – Pet Health Center of La Jolla - September 27, 2016
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for September 24-25, 2016 - September 23, 2016