La Jolla, known to be one of the most beautiful areas in the country, has a plethora of capable doctors who help keep the locals and visitors as lovely and healthy as their surroundings. Many dermatological and cosmetic specialists reside in the area, as well as top-notch surgeons, orthopedic specialists and family doctors. Browse our selections below to find the right doctor for you.
- Dr. Stuart B. Kincaid, M.D., F.A.C.S. Dr. Kincaid offers top-notch services in the cosmetic and plastic surgery field, with offices in both La Jolla and Temecula. Dr. Kincaid’s philosophy is, “Looking good is a great thing, feeling wonderful is everything!” His goal is to make you look as good on the outside as you feel on the inside. Dr. Kincaid offers many services including breast surgery, body contouring, and facial plastic surgery. This surgeon also offers minimally invasive services including: lip augmentation, chemical peels, injections/fillers, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, and many more.
- La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre Named “Best Cosmetic Surgery Practice” by Union-Tribune readers, this practice promises to leave you looking, “Sun-sational”! This center provides all of the aesthetic services you will need to look your best, with four board certified San Diego plastic surgeons on staff. If you’re interested in learning more they offer free breast implant sizing and imaging program, free estimates for plastic surgery prices, and free consultations so there is no financial commitment to find out more. One of their popular options is the “mommy makeover” which concentrates on restoring the toll childbirth has taken on a woman’s body.
- Dr. Tess Dermatology & Cosmetic Center In La Jolla, your skin can be on display nearly all year round. Dr. Tess has the skills and technology that can help keep your skin looking beautiful. Her services include: liposculpture, Matrix RF/eMatrix, VelaShape for cellulite, PhotoDynamic Therapy for acne, Fraxel, chemical peels, cortisone shots, extractions, Botox, Dysport, Restylane dermal filler, Juvederm dermal filler, Triniti skin rejuvenation, ELOS Refirme, and more. Dr. Tess has been featured on many television programs, including The Doctors.
- North Coast Dermatology (Medical Associates) North Coast Dermatology is committed to providing their clients with quality, state-of-the-art dermatologic care in a warm and compassionate environment. Their board-certified dermatologists are well-known lecturers and teachers in the community. The associates treat all common dermatologic problems such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne with all the most advanced techniques. Their services are offered for both adult and pediatric patients. There is also a certified Mohs micrographic surgeon on staff for more advanced skin cancer treatment.
Family and General Practice
- Dr. Leila Rhodes, M.D. This local doctor is also a native of San Diego herself, and graduated from the University of California San Diego with a major in Neuroscience and Physiology. Neuroscience is the study of the nervous system and the effects on behavioral health. Physiology is the study on how all the elements of the entire body work together. The combination of Neuroscience and Physiology allows Dr. Rhodes to integrate the mind and body, providing comprehensive diagnoses and treatment. Dr. Rhodes has both an American Board Certified Internal Medicine and American Board Certified Integrative Holistic Medicine degree in order to allow her to prescribe the best possible holistic or traditional medicine for your needs.
- Jane R. Reldan, M.D. With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Reldan is a top board certified family physician in La Jolla. She is known for leading her patients by example by living a very healthy lifestyle. Dr. Reldan gives each patient ample time and attention, making sure all patients, old and new, feel welcomed and taken care of. Whether you need a physical exam or check-up, immunizations, reproductive health care, or treatment for ailments ranging from depression to high blood pressure, Dr. Reldman can take care of you.
- Girard Orthopaedic Medical Group For over 45 years, the Girard Orthopaedic Medical Group has been providing excellent orthopedic care to patients from the San Diego area and beyond. The team is comprised of 6 board certified physicians, specializing in arthroscopic surgery, sports medicine, cervical disc replacement, hand and upper-extremity surgery, microsurgery and limb replantation, arthritis care, joint care, spine surgery, foot and ankle surgery, fracture and trauma care, and hip resurfacing. The physicians with Girard Orthopedics want to make sure you can stay active and be your best!
- Torrey Pines Orthopaedic Medical Group Patients from La Jolla and beyond can benefit from the comprehensive orthopedic care offered by Torrey Pines Orthopaedic Medical Group. Seven different physicians specialize in a variety of orthopedic care, including physical and occupational therapy. The practice features in-office MRI, and has two locations. The doctors here have decades of experience in the orthopedics field, and always ensure compassionate, thorough care and attention for all patients.
- Scripps Clinic – Scripps Green Hospital Scripps offers the complete care and support to keep you healthy. Scripps has renowned heart care, gynecology and surgery centers, which represent only part of the Scripps World of Healing. Scripps’ health care philosophy is aimed at employing the most advanced diagnostics, physicians with field-leading expertise and care that integrates the latest medical knowledge. Scripps is also working in the newly developing field of Genomics. The researchers are working to identify the key genetic components responsible for good health, as well as disease. This information can be used to individually tailor health care, and develop precisely-targeted treatments and technologies. It’s great to know that there is top-quality, life-saving health care only minutes away from where you live!
- Scripps Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla is a private, non-profit hospital. Scripps was established over 80 years ago, and has been providing the best medical care since. Scripps specializes in preventative health care, diagnosis, and treatment. Scripps partakes in extensive medical research, and employs advancing technology to improve diagnosis and treatment for patients with a variety of health issues. Besides its top-notch health care, Scripps has also been named one of “100 Best Companies to Work For” since 2008.
- UCSD Thornton Hospital Established in 1993, UCSD Thornton Hospital is a general medical care and surgery hospital, specializing in specialty surgery, cardiology, endocrinology, fetal care and genetics, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, reproductive medicine, pulmonary medicine, and physical therapy. Patients are always treated with respect, and provided all the care and services they need to feel their best.
- Veterans Administration Medical Center Also known as the VA San Diego Healthcare System, this hospital provides high quality healthcare and service to over 200,000 veterans in San Diego. All facets of health care including surgical, mental health, geriatric, spinal cord care, and rehabilitation. Affiliated with UCSD, the VA Hospital is always involved in improving medical education and training.
With so many capable physicians on hand to keep you looking and feeling great, there’s no excuse not to take care of yourself! Just remember that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so make sure you and your doctors work together to keep you in tip-top shape. You can always find great La Jolla Doctors in your La Jolla Blue Book!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- San Diego & La Jolla Weekend Events: February 24th & 25th - February 23, 2018
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: February 24th & 25th - February 22, 2018
- Where To Get Your Coffee Fix in La Jolla - February 20, 2018