With a mild year-round climate, stunning beach views and close proximity to downtown, the demand for homes and properties in La Jolla continues to remain steady. La Jolla homeowners are constantly looking for ways to add value to their homes, so they receive the highest offer possible when the time comes to sell. Here are some tips, fixes and updates that can help increase the value of your home in the La Jolla real estate market:
- Updated Kitchen – The kitchen is the heart of the home and an updated kitchen is on the top of the wish list for many La Jolla buyers. By replacing cabinets and installing high-quality flooring such as wood, tile or stone, you can easily increase the value of your home. With the help of a professional La Jolla contractor, these changes can be made at a relatively inexpensive cost. Other simple updates include purchasing newer appliances including the refrigerator, dishwasher and stove.
- Modern Bathrooms – Bathrooms that present elements of a spa are becoming more popular among La Jolla homebuyers. If you have standard grade fixtures, look to replace them with higher end finishes and materials. Materials such as brushed nickel, antique copper and brass, offer a sophisticated appearance, increasing the value of your home. Also, for homes with multiple bathrooms on different levels, use the same updates throughout for a more unified look.
- Master Bedroom Retreat – More buyers are in search of a master bedroom that acts as a retreat from the chaos of daily life. Small updates to the aesthetic qualities increase value and are typically inexpensive. Think about adding crown moldings, recessed lighting or adding wall scones to help create an ambiance that reflects a relaxing retreat.
- Additional Storage – Especially for older homes that normally lack sufficient space, adding additional storage or ensuring existing storage is functional is extremely important. Installing built-ins or custom units to closets help maximize the space already available. The more storage you can provide, the more value you can add to the price of your home.
- Curb Appeal – The outer appearance of your home is just important as the inside. Appraisers state that curb appeal can add as much as five to ten percent to the value of your home. Make sure you have a well-manicured lawn, trimmed landscaping and a clean driveway. Colorful plants and flowers and a yard free of weeds also contribute to excellent curb appeal.
The unique and charming aspects of the community are a major draw for many buyers looking to purchase real estate in La Jolla. Therefore, when making updates or renovations, it is important to keep in mind the character of the community. Sellers need to be sure their updates are consistent with other styles and homes in the area. Keeping these simple tips in mind, sellers can enjoy modern updates in their homes, while adding value for future buyers.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- San Diego & La Jolla Weekend Events: February 24th & 25th - February 23, 2018
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: February 24th & 25th - February 22, 2018
- Where To Get Your Coffee Fix in La Jolla - February 20, 2018