Today is Wednesday, otherwise known as Hump Day. It’s the halfway mark in the working week and a common time for people to get a bit restless. The weekend is inching closer and there’s a national holiday on Monday, so we’ve got an extra day off to look forward to. For everyone having trouble concentrating today, we thought we’d help you kill time effectively, by posting some trivia facts about the history this very day, August 28.
• Today is the 35th Wednesday of 2013 and approximately the 394209th minute of 2013.
• 50 years ago, in 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his “I Have a Dream” speech, one of the most powerful in modern history.
• 17 Years ago, in 1996 Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales signed their divorce papers. Many would say that she was out of his league from the start.
• 2 years ago, in 2011, Hurricane Irene tore across the East Coast
• 1957 – Daniel Stern: the actor who played ‘Marv’ in the Home Alone movies that brightened our childhoods.
• 1962 – David Fincher: Award winning film director and producer who brought us Fight Club, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Social Network and others.
• 1965 – Shania Twain: Canadian singer-songwriter with an astoundingly perfect set of teeth. Seriously, it’s unbelievable. Her pearly whites could have their own blog.
• 1969 – Jack Black: Actor, singer, guitarist and comedian. He’s the guy everyone wishes they were friends with in real life.
• 1986 – Armie Hammer: the actor who played the Lone Ranger. His name sounds fake, but it’s not. That’s weird.
• 1986 – Florence Welch: English front-woman in the band Florence and the Machine. Has a crazy set of pipes that can shatter glass wear and wind shields. Brings grown men to tears.
Well, that concludes our Hump Day entertainment. Please get back to work now and enjoy the rest of your week. Only two days to go.
Lastly, if you haven’t noticed it yet we’ve started sending out a weekly e-mail with all the best blogs, articles, interviews and events every week. Take a moment to sign up if you’d like to be part of this amazing venture.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- La Jolla Weekend Events: 5/18 & 5/19 - May 17, 2019
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: 5/18 & 5/19 - May 17, 2019
- La Jolla and San Diego Mother’s Day Weekend Events: May 11th – 12th - May 10, 2019