Do you have family coming in for the holidays? Now is the time to do a little winter cleaning, crafting and repairing. You know that leaky faucet that you’ve been meaning to fix or that box of clothes just waiting to be donated? Don’t wait any longer, call a La Jolla plumber and donate used goods to a charity to get the ball rolling.
Here are some other things to do before the in-laws arrive at your doorstep:
- Don’t just clean, de-clutter. Go through your kitchen, bathrooms, garage and closet to clean out any items that you don’t use anymore. The holiday season is a great time to box all these items up to donate to a charity or a family in need.
- Prepare the guest room. When was the last time someone stayed in this room? It might be time to change sheets, open up some windows to let in fresh air and add some welcoming holiday décor.
- Get those home repairs done. You, like most of us, probably have a running list of everything that needs to be fixed in your home. Set aside a day or two to do any easy DIY repairs you can and then call a professional to fix the rest. If this seems like a daunting task, prioritize your list and try to get at least the first five items done.
- Get into the nooks and crannies. With a house full of guests in rooms that aren’t normally occupied, be sure to clean areas that you don’t typically think about. Dust corners and ceilings, clean windows, mop floors or hire a housecleaning service to do it all for you.
- Most importantly, decorate! Get a Christmas tree, deck your house in lights, and break out all the holiday decorations and festive glassware. Stoke up a fire and set your Pandora station to “Classical Christmas” to make the decorating process a fun family event.
If you’re preparing your La Jolla home for upcoming holiday happenings, head to our “Home Services” section to find reliable local businesses that can help cross some things off your to-do list.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- What’s Happening in La Jolla & San Diego This Weekend: September 22 – 24 - September 22, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide: September 22 – 24 - September 21, 2017
- An Interview with Chef Maeve of Sugar and Scribe - September 21, 2017