Whether you are a first time home buyer or an experienced home buyer, purchasing a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. Despite the significance of this big investment, many home buyers fail to take the proper approach to determine what they are looking for in a home.
For a home buyer who is looking to purchase La Jolla real estate, it may not be your typical shopping experience. Homes in La Jolla vary drastically in age, style, size and amenities. Home buyers can choose from newly remodeled Spanish style homes to rustic beach cottages, ranging in price from $700,000 well into the millions. Before you begin looking at homes, you should consult a La Jolla mortgage loan specialist to help you determine the price range you can afford. In most cases, the home buying process will take several months. Many La Jolla real estate agents will show buyers between twenty and thirty homes before they decide to write an offer.
However, today there are many systems in place to help buyers make their decisions. Depending on your preferences, online websites or smart phone applications offer detailed information regarding neighborhoods, properties, pricing and mortgage calculators. Some buyers prefer to takes notes or record videos while they are touring a home. Whatever option you choose, it can be difficult to remember what you liked and didn’t like about the homes when you have seen so many. Therefore, it is recommended that home buyers use a check list.
Before you tour real estate in La Jolla it is important to consider all of the items that would ultimately affect your decision in purchasing a home. Here is a list of things to consider when you are buying a home:
- Qualities of the Home: square footage, bedrooms, bathrooms, closets, yard and lot size.
- Neighborhood: appearance of neighbor’s homes, traffic, parking, noise level, safety and restrictions.
- Schools: ages and grades, reputation, play areas, curriculum and class size.
- Convenience to the: supermarket, schools, work, shopping, child care and highway.
Once you review the aspects of the home and area that are important to your decision, give each a rating. While you are touring the home go through the checklist and rate the qualities of the property from 1 to 10. This will allow you to compare each property based on your requirements, ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
A detailed checklist and organized binder of potential properties will help home buyers to make their decision with confidence. Knowing that you have given each aspect of the home consideration and reviewed your needs and wants, allows you to enjoy peace of mind in the home buying process.
Latest posts by Vanessa Turkeltaub (see all)
- Where To Enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner in La Jolla - November 19, 2016
- Metro Detailing Specialists: At the Forefront of Detailing Technology and Water Conservation - November 14, 2016
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for November 5-6, 2016 - November 4, 2016