Calling all foodies to the Del Mar Racetrack! This Saturday, August 3, from 12 to 6 PM, the Del Mar Racetrack is hosting the Gourmet Food Truck Festival featuring 50 different food trucks from the Southern California area.
The festival will be held at the Seaside Concert area, west of the grandstand. Admission is free with paid racetrack admission, which is $6 for adults and free for children under 18 who are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
These trucks offer a variety of delicious gourmet eats from some of Southern Cal’s hottest chefs. Most items vary from only $4 to $8! With 50 trucks to choose from, there is sure to be something for everyone. There will also be over 50 brews on staff at the Craft Beer Fest.
Three unique trucks to check out-
- Jogasaki Burrito, famous for sushi burritos, like the Popcorn Lobster, which has crab meat, avocado, cucumber and langostino tempura wrapped in soy paper
- Waff-n-Roll, which specializes in waffle sandwiches both savory and sweet, like the fried chicken waffle sandwich with a chipotle maple drizzle and a creamy slaw
- GreenGo Grilled Cheese Truck, with crazy grilled cheeses like the Puerto Nuevo Style Lobster, which has butter fried lobster, snow crab and a pale ale chipotle aioli.
See the full list of food trucks here.
Not only will you be benefiting by leaving with a full tummy and a smile on your face, your proceeds benefit charity too! Benefits from the festival go to Meals on Wheels, a national charity that provides pre-made meals that are delivered to those in need.
Other activities in the day include horse races, live music and free family fun activities.
Will you be attending the Gourmet Food Truck Festival? Which food truck sounds the most delicious to you? Let us know!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Outside Activities in La Jolla that Don’t Involve the Beach - March 24, 2017
- R. B. Stevenson Gallery Presents Italo Scanga: Treasures from the Estate - March 24, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for March 25 – 26 - March 21, 2017