Today is Black Friday! Are you trying to shop for an adamant do-it-yourselfer? You know who we’re talking about- the person who is constantly toting around tools to fix every squeaky hinge, and always refusing to call a La Jolla professional because they say, “I can do it myself.” Even though all of their projects don’t go exactly as planned, you still love them and want to give a gift they’ll enjoy, so why not some tools and gadgets to help with their DIY hobby?
- Do-it-all Annihilator™ 14″ Wrecking/Utility Bar from Dead On. This $46 tool can be used as a demolition hammer, nail puller, tile ripper, board straightener, demolition axe, wrenchand chisel. Need I say more?
- A quality cordless drill. The $32 Lithium-Ion SmartDriver with Exclusive Magnetic Screw-Holder not only prevents dropped screws but it also has an LED light (great for working incessantly through the night) and will stay charged for up to 18 months.
- “How to Fix Everything for Dummies.” We’re not trying to imply anything, but maybe this book would be a good gift for the DIY-er who doesn’t always get it right the first time. Too bad they don’t yet have a book called, “How to Know When to Call a Professional for Dummies.”
- A swing-less hammer. If moving that hammer back and forth is too much work, or if your loved one has smashed too many fingers already, the $100 NEXTEC Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer by Craftsman is the perfect present. It comes with a magnetic head for easy nail placement and an LED light to get into those dark corners.
- For the person who needs tools wherever they go, there’s the $54 EDC (Every Day Carry) Kit from Kaufman Mercantile. The tools included are a mini pry bar, screwdrivers, precision tweezers and waterproof lighter all on a titanium key ring weighing less than two ounces.
Need a backup plan? It’s always a good idea to have a plumbing contractor on hand for if pipes accidentally burst… again. Click here and visit our home services section where you can find a directory of trustworthy and most importantly, trained professionals.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Need To Cool Down? Try Going On An Adventure with La Jolla Kayak - July 13, 2018
- La Jolla Open Houses: July 14th & 15th - July 13, 2018
- Where To Get Your Coffee Fix in La Jolla - July 12, 2018