What to do with all the excess Halloween candy? Dr. Charles Briscoe DDS has an excellent idea — cash for candy!
La Jolla, CA – It’s Halloween time again and that, of course, means trick-or-treat candy! We may indulge, but the kids are the real concern. Decay (cavities) is on the rise in children as is childhood obesity.
Halloween candy is a contributor to each of these situations, and this year we can do something about it. Trick-or-Treaters can bring their excess candy to La Jolla Dental Care and receive $1 per pound of candy and an electric glowing toothbrush!
Global sugar consumption for children increases approximately 2% annually and currently sits at 50 million tons per year. This means parents need to be more diligent than ever in regards to their child’s health:
- Sugar highs create sugar lows. A heightened mood from sugary foods can give way to a depressed mood when the effect of the sugar wears off. This can lead to a cycle of dependence on sweets for mood elevation.
- Sugar sensitive children may very well experience a decreased ability to pay attention and learn while at the same time exhibiting a negative behavior pattern.
- Sugar promotes obesity with high insulin levels causing the storage of excess sugar as fat.
Kids can still have all the fun of trick-or treating, and now their piggy banks will benefit as well. The candy will be donated to the troops overseas via Operation Gratitude. Candy will be collected on Nov 3-7th from 8am-5pm at the dental office of Dr. Charles Briscoe, 7737 Herschel Avenue (in the heart of the Village of La Jolla). The candy must be unopened! They hope to reach 100 pounds to send to the troops!
Dr. Charles Briscoe and his team practice dentistry in the Village of La Jolla and emphasize general family dental care, as well as cosmetic procedures. Dr. Briscoe is available to provide more information at 858-997-2879, or visit La Jolla Dental Care on-line, www.lajolladental.com.
[Source: La Jolla Dental Care]
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- La Jolla Weekend Events: 5/18 & 5/19 - May 17, 2019
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: 5/18 & 5/19 - May 17, 2019
- La Jolla and San Diego Mother’s Day Weekend Events: May 11th – 12th - May 10, 2019