If you’re new to La Jolla, CA and are looking for a new home church, we understand that it can seem like an intimidating process at first. However, using the La Jolla Blue Book “Faith” directory can prove to be a viable asset. Being a part of a church family can offera lot of benefits for new La Jolla home owners. Joining a church is a great way to meet and fellowship with new likeminded people, grow closer to God and your family, and having a home church anchors families which is especially important after a move. Finding a church in La Jolla soon after your move will help re-establish a sense of normalcy as everyone readjust to the new (and beautiful) surroundings.
Here are some suggestions on how you can go about exploring the churches in La Jolla, CA to find which one is the best fit for your family:
- Go to LaJollabluebook.com and click on the “Faith” tab to find a listing of local churches and synagogues. Take note of the ones that you would like to research and visit.
- Have a discussion with your family. Ask your spouse and children what they’re looking for in a new church. Do your kids want to participate in a youth group? Is your husband looking for a strong Men’s Ministry? Make finding a new church family a family affair.
- Research the church’s website and mission statement to see if they meet all of your needs and if their beliefs match up with yours.
- Set a date and time to attend a service with your whole family. Stay for the entire service and talk to other member as well as the pastor is he or she is available. Let your children attend the youth service if they’re interested in doing so.
- After the service grab lunch with your family at a local La Jolla restaurant to discuss your first impressions. Make sure this is an open and honest conversation where everyone is allowed to contribute their opinions. Talk about the pros and cons and decide on whether or not you would like to attend a second service.
Repeat the above five steps until you find the best La Jolla religious organization for you and your family. Just remember to be patient with the process and to have fun! Exploring a new city’s churches can be an invigorating process if you allow yourself to be open to meeting new people. Moving to a new city can be difficult, but when you have access to the most comprehensive La Jolla, CA directory at your fingertips with La Jolla Blue Book, it can make life a little bit easier.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- San Diego & La Jolla Weekend Events: March 16th & 17th - March 15, 2019
- Cheers in La Jolla this St. Patrick’s Day - March 14, 2019
- La Jolla Open Houses: 3/16 & 3/17 - March 12, 2019