The Cottage in La Jolla has shared its official Chicken Tortilla soup recipe with us! Complete with all the goodies, this is a perfect way to ring in National Soup Month – not to mention a cozy way to stay warm with all these rainy days in San Diego. For dessert try their signature scones with a nice cup of tea. Here’s the recipe.
-4 oz of margarine
-1 diced white onion
-1 diced jalapeno
-4 cups of diced Roma tomatoes
-1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro
-1 1/2 tbsp of chopped garlic
-1 box of Uncle Bens Mexican rice w/ spices
-3 bay leaves
-6 tbsp chicken base
-6 qts water
-2 1/2 pounds of chopped cooked chicken
1. Saute onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic until soft with margarine in a medium saucepan
2. Mix chicken base with water and add to pot
3. Add rice and seasonings packet to pot
4. Boil for 45 minutes
5. Add chicken and simmer until chicken is warmed through
6. Serve it in a bowl and garnish with tortilla chips and cheddar cheese.
Want more recipes? Check out our Featured Recipes from some of the best La Jolla restaurants.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Exploring The Coastline With La Jolla Kayak - June 28, 2018
- An Interview with Dennis Wills of D.G. Wills Books - January 4, 2017
- The Magical History of Old Globe Theatre - January 4, 2017