In honor of National Dessert Day (October 6th), we bring you Manhattan Of La Jolla famous New York Cheesecake! The exclusive recipe was revealed on their Facebook page this past week and we are very pleased to share it with you!
16 graham crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 granulated sugar
3/4 cup half & half
4 extra-large eggs
4 8 ounce packages room temperature cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch springform pan. (Make sure you grease pan )
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Place in bottom of greased pan and press smoothly with fingers.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Do not over mix. Add milk, then add eggs one at a time. Do not over mix. Fold in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Place the pans on a bath wash. (One pan has water, then on top another pan. The cheesecake pan sits on top of that pan. After one hour turn oven off, and let cake cool in oven for 5 hours. Do not open oven, this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving. Garnish with a strawberry.
Manhattan of La Jolla is located inside The Empress Hotel at 7766 Fay Av La Jolla, CA 92037. For reservations please call 858-459-0700. Which La Jolla restaurant recipe would you like to see featured? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Celebrate the Season at The Marine Room and The Shores Restaurant - December 15, 2018
- La Jolla Open Houses: December 15th & 16th - December 14, 2018
- La Jolla Open Houses: 12/1 & 12/2 - November 30, 2018