It’s still technically strawberry season in San Diego, and that means strawberries with everything – including jam! This delicious recipe from The Cottage in La Jolla goes perfectly with their famous homemade scones, though really it goes with anything and makes for a great snack (or breakfast) all season long. Here is the official recipe courtesy of The Cottage.
12 quarts strawberries
10 quart sugar
1 table spoon cinnamon
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbs vanilla
1 cup pectin
2 quart water
1. In a food processor, process strawberries until coarsely chopped and set it aside.
2. Transfer to a large skillet and stir in sugar, pectin, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice.
3. Add water and bring it to a boil.
4. Combine strawberries with the sugary water mix and cook over medium-high, stirring frequently, until jam is thickened and bubbles completely cover surface (9 to 10 minutes).
5. Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
SEE ALSO: 3 U-Pick Strawberry Farms in San Diego
The Cottage is open daily from 7:30am – 3pm, for lunch Sunday-Thursday 11:30am – 3pm and Friday and Saturday 11:30am-4:30pm; and now for dinner on Friday and Saturday, 4:30pm – 9pm.
They are located at 7702 Fay Avenue in a beautiful historic cottage – be sure to ask about its history while you’re there! Hint: if it’s available, dine on the patio; the views are incomparable.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Exploring The Coastline With La Jolla Kayak - June 28, 2018
- An Interview with Dennis Wills of D.G. Wills Books - January 4, 2017
- The Magical History of Old Globe Theatre - January 4, 2017