For the very first time, The Cottage La Jolla has shared the recipe for their most popular (and arguably their most delicious) dessert — Raspberry White Chocolate Bread Pudding! It’s a light, traditional treat and makes for a great summertime post-barbecue treat. Here’s how to make it.
5 slices pound cake (or 1/2 loaf pan, or 5 slices of Texas egg bread)
4 ounces white chocolate squares, broken up into small pieces
2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
5 egg yolks
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups heavy cream
1 1/3 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 10-inch round pan with cooking spray; line the bottom with parchment paper.
3. Crumble 4 pound cake slices and place on the bottom of the pan.
4. Sprinkle the chocolate pieces on top.
5. Layer the raspberries over the chocolate.
6. Crumble the remaining pound cake slices over the raspberries.
7. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar. Add the cream, milk, and vanilla. Mix well and then strain.
8. Gently pour the mixture over the cake.
9. Bake for 1 hour or until set, bubbly and brown. Enjoy!
The Cottage is open daily for breakfast until 3pm, and for lunch Sunday-Thursday til 3pm and Friday-Saturday til 4:30pm. They’re also open for dinner Tuesday-Saturday from 5pm-9pm.
Latest posts by Emily Ruchlewicz (see all)
- 14th Annual Celebrate the Craft Returns to the Lodge at Torrey Pines - October 25, 2016
- Dia de Los Muertos 2016 Celebrations in San Diego - October 21, 2016
- Pillage the Village: Trick or Treat in La Jolla on October 31 - October 18, 2016