Looking to have an amazing vacation in La Jolla? Want this to be the trip that the whole family will talk about and cherish for years to come? No problem!
Check out our list of the top 5 family-friendly activities – located in close proximity to the top La Jolla hotels – that always keep visitors and vacationers coming back for more. From mesmerizing aquariums to interactive museums, the following activities are sure to leave both adults and children laughing endlessly and smiling from ear to ear!
- Birch Aquarium – Perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla offers the ideal location for catching a glimpse of the alluring creatures of the sea. Your children’s eyes will illuminate as they explore the famous interactive Hall of Fishes exhibit with over 60 different species of fish. Or, saddle up for a wild experience with one of the seas most enchanting creatures, the sea horse, in the interactive exhibit There’s Something About Seahorses.
- La Jolla Recreation Center – Looking for hands-on fun? Get your hands dirty at the La Jolla Recreation center. Dedicated to the city of San Diego in 1915, this public recreation center offers many activities including handball, shuffleboard, basketball courts, tennis courts and a children’s play area. It’s an excellent way for your family to engage in a little friendly competition.
- Children’s Pool Beach – Enjoy the magnificent ocean at the Children’s Pool Beach. Like the name says, it was originally a pool for children, however the harbor seals love to stop by for a playful visit. It’s a main tourist and local attraction and a great spot for family photo ops! Lifeguards are staffed year-round to ensure that your family stays safe while enjoying the sand and the surf.
- Museum of Contemporary Art – Mix pleasure with learning and take your family on a stroll down the exquisite hallways of the Museum of Contemporary Art. This museum has more than 3,000 works from emerging artists to major figures in international contemporary art. And for those with little ones who might lose interest in the museum sooner rather than later, there’s a small La Jolla restaurant on-site to help keep crankiness at a minimum!
- La Jolla Playhouse – You’ve seen plenty of movies with the family so change it up for once! Sit back, relax and enjoy great acting or a live musical at the La Jolla Playhouse. With a rotating schedule, there’s always a new performance to enjoy and we guarantee any performance you choose will keep the entire family laughing and singing along!
Did we miss any of your family’s favorite things to do while in La Jolla, California? Feel free to share them with us by commenting below!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- San Diego & La Jolla Weekend Events: February 24th & 25th - February 23, 2018
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: February 24th & 25th - February 22, 2018
- Where To Get Your Coffee Fix in La Jolla - February 20, 2018