While La Jolla is best recognized for its stunning seaside views, five star restaurants and boutique shopping, one of the standout characteristics is the community. The tight knit community has shown significant growth – welcoming newcomers from various parts of the nation and world – topping the charts at an estimated 46,000 residents. Plus, more ethnically diverse today than in the past 10 years according to the US Census, La Jolla has become a community of faith where everyone is welcome.
In addition to showing your faith, are you looking to give back to the community? You’re in luck! There are numerous volunteer opportunities in the area, hosted by local La Jolla churches that would gratefully appreciate you volunteering your time and talents. Please check out the following list of faith based volunteer opportunities that could use your help:
- The St James By-the-Sea Episcopal Church needs volunteers for their
40th Annual Diocesan Convention on Friday, February 21, and Saturday, February 22. You could help with registration, greeting, hospitality, floral arranging and decor, photography, and workshops. And the best part, no experience necessary! Read more about St James By-the-Sea Episcopal Church in La Jolla.
- The La Jolla Community Church has a handful of opportunities for those looking to volunteer. In addition to signing up to help with their Military Outreach, Homeless Ministry or Mexico house building programs, on Sundays the La Jolla Community Church has a handful of positions they are always looking to fill. From being an usher or greeter to working on the Audio-Visual, Live-Streaming and Communication teams, there are plenty of opportunities for everyone, no matter what your interests. The church also offers opportunities to work with children and young adults and has positions in the Choir and Worship Band.
- La Jolla Presbyterian Church is hosting 12 individuals with no place to stay through the 22nd of February, working toward the goal of leaving homelessness behind. The church is looking for help with setting up, overnight hosting and meals. La Jolla Presbyterian Church is also taking part in the 10 week Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Urban Life Farm programs and will be a drop-off location for boxes of fresh produce grown by local farmers. In addition to visiting or volunteering at the farm, the church is always looking for volunteers to help out on pick-up days.
One of the best ways to become connected with our community is by taking part in one of the above volunteering events. If you don’t see one that peaks your interests or perhaps you don’t have time in your schedule this week, be sure to check back regularly as volunteering opportunities in beautiful La Jolla, CA are always available!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- San Diego & La Jolla Weekend Events: January 20th – 21st - January 19, 2018
- Spotlight Feature: An Interview with YURU - January 19, 2018
- La Jolla Weekend Open Houses: January 20th – 21st - January 18, 2018