Two is better than one. With Michelle Silverman & Amy Simon – Coldwell Banker Previews International agents you get the package deal. Together they have over two decades of experience in the local market and you can be sure that Michelle and Amy have seen and done it all in the market. But what sets them apart is their outside-the-box marketing approach. From giveaways to engaging online content, they go beyond the MLS. They aren’t in the business of “just selling property.” Rather, they are passionate and dedicated to finding you the home of your dreams.
Who are Michelle & Amy?
Michelle and Amy share a long personal and professional history together. During the mid 1980’s Amy was Michelle’s first employee at her retail store in Pacific Beach called, “Alittlepizazz.” Michelle took Amy under her wing and taught her how to be a top producing sales person. They had such a great bond that decades later, Michelle repeated the favor and taught Amy the art of selling real estate.
Michelle, a San Diego native, has been in the real estate business for 27 years. You can say that real estate is in her blood having grown up with real estate broker parents. She recently announced her move from Berkshire-Hathaway (where she spent a total of 12 years) to Coldwell Banker. Her expertise goes beyond just knowing what homes are available. She’s a matchmaker of sorts—she listens to what you want and uses all the resources in her wheelhouse to find it.
Amy Simon, originally from the east coast, fell in love with San Diego after visiting the area during college. She immediately transferred to San Diego State University, married a La Jolla local and the rest is history. Amy comes from a journalism background and since she’s been in real estate, she has honed her craft and developed into a high-demand professional and loyal San Diegan.
Together they have three decades of experience and knowledge of La Jolla and surrounding market. If you describe your perfect home and surroundings, Michelle and Amy can find it for you. From a modern, coastal home, to a cozy and rustic home, they can make it happen. “We will never come back and say that is not available on the market,” says Michelle, “We will find it for our clients.”
Beyond the MLS
Michelle and Amy were never meant to follow a routine schedule and call it a day. They go above and beyond to meet their client needs. “We want to shake up the real estate business,” proclaims Michelle, “So we do things that are totally different.” How is this evident? They put time and effort into creating an education lab for their clients. This isn’t an add-on service or fueled by additional costs. Rather, it is just part of their service because they care. Here are some of the things you can expect when working with Michelle and Amy:
• Education of Home Sales in Your Neighborhood. If a home sells in your neighborhood for a notable amount, it’s time for celebration. Not only does that affect the people buying and selling, but it affects the value of all of the homes in the neighborhood
• Give-a-ways and social media outreach. This is the fun part of Michelle and Amy’s personality shining through. They consistently come up with exciting ways to expand their reach with buyers and sellers. From golf cart ride-alongs showcasing the top neighborhoods in La Jolla, to Michelle & Amy’s Top Picks of the Week to exclusive restaurant giveaways and staycations, they keep it fun and engaging.
Looking to sell your home? Here are three tips Michelle and Amy recommend you do:
1. Staging is a must! Michelle explains that “you live in your house one way, and you sell it another.” Which means, eliminate most of your personal items and make it look more like a hotel. This makes your property appear larger and command a higher selling price.
2. Don’t ignore curb appeal. Michelle says you “only have a few seconds to make an impression.” A few inexpensive changes will make a big difference such as a new doormat, a fresh coat of paint on your front door, and new colorful flowers in your front yard.
3. Freshen up the interior. Amy suggests a “fresh and neutral” coat of paint, and new carpet (if needed). The more fresh, clean and updated your home appears the more buyers will fall in love with your property and the offers will roll in.
One thing to remember about Michelle & Amy is that they do not take every listing. That’s why they can provide superior service. Which means, when you call them – they pick up the phone. Unlike large real estate teams with multiple assistants, when you work with Michelle & Amy you deal with them directly every time. If you are looking to buy or sell your home in La Jolla and surrounding areas, contact Michelle Silverman and Amy Simon at 619-980-2738.
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Valentine Date Night in La Jolla - January 21, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for January 21 – 22 - January 21, 2017
- What to do in La Jolla on Rainy Days - January 18, 2017