To many, accounting isn’t a personal endeavor; as largely a number-crunching business, most companies are concerned with just that: numbers and figures, and customer service occasionally goes by the wayside. That’s something Allee and Cybil of Machado & Hu Accounting in downtown La Jolla swore to change when they opened their own business just shy of a year ago. After ten years working in big-box corporate accounting together, they decided to branch off on their own and create a whole new type of company.
Who They Are
After deciding that a set 9-5 at a big, impersonal corporation wasn’t for them, Allee and Cybil decided to start their own business. With the common objective in mind of helping other small businesses achieve their goals through organization and error-free accounting, the two set out to create a customer service-oriented accounting firm.
Cybil actually got her degree in psychology before realizing that her passion lay in accounting. She loves the organization of it, the logic behind each transaction and every spreadsheet. Allee, on the other hand, just loves being able to make people’s lives easier; “so many people,” she remarked, “get incredibly stressed out about accounting. The fact that they can come to us and we can take care of all of that for them just makes people so happy. That’s the most rewarding part of the whole thing.”
What They Do for Small Businesses
Allee and Cybil can help just about any small business out there – their clients have ranged from a horse racing stable owner to nonprofits to restaurants and even individuals who are actually accountants themselves, but just don’t have the time to do their own personal finances.
Because they run such a small, customer-oriented company, Cybil and Allee are able to individually cater to each client and provide day-to-day accounting services: organizing books, running cost analysis, compiling financial statements, creating spending reports, analyzing which product is most cost-effective and which is cost-prohibitive, etc. They’ve organized some very messy accounts before and turned them into something the client could actually use – so don’t be afraid to come to them with with a bit of financial clutter!
Take the Stress out of Your Personal Accounting
Here are some tips for people out there trying to organize their own finances:
- Keep up with it! Set up a routine, and stick with it.
- Don’t wait to organize your books; realize the value of your own time, and if it becomes too time-consuming, then hire someone else to do it. The cost of that will be less than hours spent poring over the same thing.
- There is someone who can help you if you don’t have the time to do it on your own – you aren’t alone!
- Removing that margin of error in figuring out your accounting can be immensely helpful for a small business or even just a busy individual.
- Having an accounting firm review your books before you hand them over to a CPA to get filed almost completely removes any chance for error- saving you money and ensuring your taxes will be filed quickly and correctly.
There are a lot of accountants out there – but Cybil and Allee are incredibly service-oriented and committed to making the lives of small business owners easier. Chances are, you’ll be on a first-name basis before your first session is over!
Their rates start off hourly, though once you become a long-term client or want help on a more consistent basis they offer monthly value rates. Visit their website or give them a call at (858) 243-1738 to find out more information and set up a consultation.
Latest posts by Emily Ruchlewicz (see all)
- La Jolla Veterinary Hospital to Perform Free Dental Procedures for Pets During the Holidays - November 29, 2016
- Community Spotlight: Karen Anderson, DPM of La Jolla - November 29, 2016
- 10 Thanksgiving Week Activities in San Diego - November 18, 2016