National Hamburger Day hits the grills Saturday, May 28th! Don’t scrimp on a fast-food version of a classic when you could get an amazing burger to truly honor the day. Here’s a list of our favorite La Jolla spots to celebrate National Hamburger Day.
- Burger Lounge has a variety of specialty burgers, made with fresh organic ingredients and the utmost care. For vegetarians, Burger Lounge offers an Organic Quinoa burger sure to satisfy. Grab a classic Lounge Burger with a crispy-edged, tender patty, grilled onions, white cheddar or American cheese, fresh lettuce and tomato, and 1,000 Island dressing. ($7.75)
- Combine a local, La Jolla-themed brew like Sunny Jim IPA with the Rogue Wave Bacon Burger at La Jolla Brewing Company, featuring complex flavors of bacon, aged cheddar, and horseradish. If you’re not a fan of red meat, La Jolla Brewing Co. also has Mahi Mahi, chicken, and shrimp buns that can’t be beat.($16.50)
- The Cottage offers the L.A. Burger with an Angus beef patty, tomato relish, arugula, gruyere, and goat cheese at both lunch and dinner. Always made with fresh, local ingredients, The Cottage’s Californian take on bistro food has quickly become a favorite with locals. Enjoy your hamburger outside on the open patio. ($14)
- Beaumont’s in Bird Rock has a self-named burger that features a 3 meat patty, sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic glazed onions, basil aioli, and feta cheese for a flavorful burger you won’t soon forget. Kick it up a notch after 5pm by adding a handmade specialty cocktail for some fun! ($13.50)
- The Whisknlade Burger (pictured at top) features Gruyere, cheddar, bacon, Siricusian onions, remoulade, and a fried egg on top of a classic beef patty. This rich burger is available at both lunch and dinner. ($19.75)
SEE ALSO: 7 Famous La Jolla Burgers
Happy National Hamburger Day from La Jolla Blue Book!
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- Exploring The Coastline With La Jolla Kayak - June 28, 2018
- An Interview with Dennis Wills of D.G. Wills Books - January 4, 2017
- The Magical History of Old Globe Theatre - January 4, 2017