San Diego is home to over 70 miles of pristine coastline, offering vacationers stunning views from most locations in the city. However, the small resort-like community of La Jolla has a prime location along the shore with 10 small beaches of its own. When staying at one of the premier La Jolla hotels, vacationers have easy access to unbeatable views from several unique places.
- Mount Soledad – At a height of 822-feet, Mount Soledad is a prominent landmark in San Diego. Residents and visitors alike enjoy an incredible 360 degree view of the Pacific, La Jolla, the north coast and Mexico. Mount Soledad is also a popular cycling destination, offering vacationers an outdoor experience unlike any other.
- Museum of Contemporary Art – In addition to the many art galleries in La Jolla, vacationers can enjoy the Museum of Contemporary Art. From the museum, visitors can view more than 3,000 works of art, as well as the natural beauty of the surrounding area. A favorite spot at the museum is the meditation garden, a peaceful relaxation point offering an unobstructed view of the ocean.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course – Torrey Pines Golf Course sits on the coastal cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean, providing golfers with a picturesque golf experience. The location is also a great spot to watch hang gliders and paragliders soar above the cliffs.
- La Valencia – One of the premier hotels in La Jolla, La Valencia’s Ocean View Terrace offers a spectacular setting for casual dining. With intimate tables and stunning sunsets, the Ocean View Terrace at La Valencia is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion.
- Windansea Beach – Windansea is a community of La Jolla that offers one of the most scenic beaches in Southern California. Most visitors describe the panoramic view as nothing short of spectacular. Windansea is also known for its incredible surf breaks, making it a popular destination for local and visiting surfers.
Use our online directory to find out more information about local hotels, restaurants and shopping, and make your La Jolla vacation one to remember.
Latest posts by Vanessa Turkeltaub (see all)
- The La Jolla Fashion Film Festival Graces the Village with New Highlights - July 28, 2016
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for July 23-24, 2016 - July 22, 2016
- 5 Unbelievable Virtual Reality Experiences at Comic-Con - July 20, 2016