One of the most well known weekly events that San Diegans, and those all over for that matter, love to indulge in is Taco Tuesday in La Jolla. There’s no place like the small beach community of La Jolla to enjoy these spectacular taco deals. We’ve rounded up all the best Taco Tuesday deals in La Jolla so you can get your grub on!
Address: 1026 Wall St La Jolla, CA 92037
Tuesday Specials: Every Tuesday from three till close get a famous Puesto taco for only $2.50. They also offer $3.50 Modelo Especial Cans all night and $6 Margaritas from 3pm-5pm.
About: Puesto Mexican Street Food offers La Jollans fresh Mexican Cuisine. Each customer’s order is made fresh with the best ingredients including all natural meats, fresh seafood, handmade tortillas, and homemade salsa. Add classic street sides like guacamole, salsa, and shrimp ceviche to your meal.
SEE ALSO: Best $10 Lunch Deals in La Jolla.
Address: 1037 Prospect St. La Jolla, CA 92037
Tuesday Specials: From 4pm – 10pm, enjoy mini tacos in the meat of your choosing. These include pollo asado ($1.49), carne asada, carnitas, adobado (pork marinated in chile sauce), fish or shrimp; or you can just get a cheese quesadilla for $5. TJ street tacos are also available at $1.99. Draft beer is $3 and well drinks are just $4.
About: Jose’s Courtroom has been serving Mexican food in La Jolla since 1972. The restaurant brings a variety of different customers together to enjoy the best Mexican cuisine. Good times, conversation, and most importantly, delicious food can be found at Jose’s.
Address: 7530 Fay Avenue La Jolla, CA 92037
Tuesday Specials: Every Tuesday after 2:30 pm enjoy one of Rubio’s famous Original fish tacos for just $1.75, or the Fish Taco Especial for $2. There are no restrictions on how many fish tacos you can purchase!
About Rubio’s has been serving fish tacos and fresh Mexican food since 1983. They mix south of the border flair with the west coast waters. Their famous fish tacos can be enjoyed at any one of their 190 establishments on the west coast.
The Shack Bar & Grill
Address: 6941 La Jolla Blvd La Jolla, CA 92037
Tuesday Specials: Enjoy $3 Mahi or Spicy Chicken tacos all day long. For those 21 and over, add on $3 well Margaritas or Tecate on draft to help wash down your tacos.
About: Located steps away from Windansea Beach is The Shack Bar and Grill, which proudly obtains its name from the iconic surf shack that is located at the beach. Home to locals and those from all over the world, they offer warm smiles and even better food. Your four- legged friends are even welcome to join you during your meal.
While these four restaurants offer some great Taco Tuesday deals, many La Jolla establishments have great Mexican cuisine for a great price any day of the week. Some of these include:
- Wahoos Fish Tacos: One of the best post-surf spots to grab a bite to eat. Their tacos start at $2.10 with your choice of fish, chicken, carne asada, carnitas, mushrooms, tofu, or banzai veggies.
- Don Carlos: This local favorite spot offers 16 different kinds of tacos starting at just $1.75! Choose from potato, shredded beef, chorizo, carne asada, fish, soyrizo, and more!
- Verdes El Ranchero: This sit-down Mexican restaurant offers crispy and soft tacos. We recommend the 2 taco combination plate. For $12.95 you get 2 tacos with your choice of meat along with your choice of 2 sides.
- The Taco Stand: This new comer offers real al pastor tacos served with hand-made tortillas. Tacos start at $2.29 with your choice of meat like carne asada, al pastor, nopal, chicken, and more.
We hope you can enjoy Taco Tuesday in La Jolla soon! Where are some of your favorite #TacoTuesday spots? Let us know in a comment below!
[Images: Puesto, Yelp, 10bestmedia, Shack bar & grill]
Latest posts by lajollabluebook (see all)
- 3 Must Visit La Jolla Beaches - February 24, 2017
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for February 25 – 26 - February 23, 2017
- Life IS a Picnic! Great Picnic Spots in La Jolla - February 22, 2017