With Thanksgiving just around the corner and Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year’s approaching quickly, we are definitely entering party season. We’ve scoured La Jolla boutiques for the cutest and most original hostess gift ideas; check them out and say “thanks” in style.
7920 Ivanhoe Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
1. “Giving Thanks” Guestbook $27.50. Start a new Thanksgiving tradition with the “Giving Thanks” guestbook. Ask each guest to write a little note of gratitude and be sure to have colored pencils on hand for the kid’s to participate. Bring the book out every year to review last year’s entries and add new ones.
2. Harvest Pumpkin Candle $16.50. Bring your Thanksgiving hostess a cozy candle to light during kitchen clean-up or for relaxing when the guests head home after the big meal.
3. Ceramic Owl Mugs $15. Pair this adorable mug with some coffee beans from Pannikin or loose leaf tea from Mary’s English Kitchen for the perfect Thanksgiving hostess gift with a kick! This cute drinking companion will be sure to get your host through after-dinner clean up and ready them for shopping on Small Business Saturday.
7812 Girard Ave
La Jolla, 92037
1. Wedge-Shaped Cheese Board by PicnicTime $34.95. These adorable cheese boards come with a set of three cutting knives; perfect for displaying a charcuterie during the holidays. This is one of Warwick’s all-time best sellers! Complete the look with adorable rod iron mice (sold separately for $6.95 each).
2. Erzgebirge Wood Christmas Pyramid, handmade in Germany. “Winter Kids” $83.95. Candles sold separately, $8.95. This authentic German tradition has been a family favorite for decades; all are individually handcrafted and depict a traditional holiday scene. The spinning motion of the pyramids is propelled by the heat rising from the candles below – so be sure to grab some of those to include with the gift.
3. “Joyous Christmas” Vanity Gift Set: Hand pump soap in foaming shea butter $10.95; vanity tray $27.95; scented soy wax candle $17.95; bar soap $9.95. Give all four as a complete gift set or choose one item to give individually.
7766 Girard Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037
1. Moonstruck Chocolate Gift Box 16 chocolates for $35, 9 for $20 and 6 for $13. Pick and choose the flavors you think your host or hostess will love and create the perfect (and most delicious) gift box. Pictured here: Mr. Claus Truffle, Extra Bittersweet Chocolate Penguins, and Milk Chocolate Cranberry Snowman Truffles.
2. Aromatique Reed Diffusers in “The Smell of Christmas” and “Smell of the Tree” Prices vary; between $20 and $50. These two scents have been around for years and are some of Adelaide’s most popular fragrances. Fill your host’s home with the smell of the holidays!
3. Aromatic Votive Sets/Aromatic Candles in Frasier Fir $21/$32. Give the gift of fragrance this year with these incredible candles and votive scents; Frasier Fir is one of the most popular fragrances at Adelaide’s and sell quickly, so be sure to plan ahead if you’re planning on giving these as gifts this year.
Latest posts by Emily Ruchlewicz (see all)
- Dia de Los Muertos 2016 Celebrations in San Diego - October 21, 2016
- Pillage the Village: Trick or Treat in La Jolla on October 31 - October 18, 2016
- San Diego Weekend Events | Oct 14 – 16 - October 13, 2016