With its close proximity to the downtown business district and beautiful beaches, La Jolla is a frequented destination for both business travelers and vacationers. Before you make the trip to La Jolla, you must choose a hotel that will meet your personal travel needs. When researching the hotels in La Jolla, here are 7 items visitors should consider to help reduce costs and maximize comfort:
- Price – Accommodations in La Jolla provide visitors with a large range of prices. The kind of experience you are looking for will definitely affect your end decision. Choose a hotel that you will feel comfortable with, at a price that leaves enough room in your budget for attractions, shopping and dining.
- Parking – If you are traveling to La Jolla by car, contact your hotel and see if they provide parking for guests. Parking fees can be rather expensive and if you are staying for an extended period of time, it can add up quickly. You also want to consider how secure the parking area is.
- Extra Fees – In addition to parking, hotels sometimes charge for certain amenities. For instance, if you are traveling on business and Wi-Fi is critical to complete your work, see if Wi-Fi is included in your rate or if you will be charged hourly or daily.
- Onsite Facilities – For many travelers, onsite facilities provide additional convenience. Many hotels have a pool and a restaurant or cocktail lounge. For a more luxurious stay, you may be in search of other offerings such as a day spa or golf course. Some smaller hotels may work with offsite day spas in La Jolla and offer promotional packages that are available upon request.
- Family Friendliness – If traveling with smaller children, you may require additional items to accommodate them. Basic necessities may include cribs, refrigerators, recreational areas, or day care facilities. Also ask the concierge about discounted meals or discounted tickets for local attractions and theme parks.
- Pet Friendliness – Not only does the hotel you choose need to accept pets, inquire about extra charges, weight limitations and possible cleaning fees. For travel with dogs, it is important to choose a hotel with a park or places to walk your dog nearby.
- Reviews – Checking online reviews can help you make a decision with confidence. There are a variety of websites that are dedicated to hotel reviews, allowing future guests to read about recent experiences from customers. This provides you with updated knowledge and gives you a feel for what you can expect upon arrival, during your stay and at checkout.
For more information about La Jolla hotels, use our hotel directory. We provide contact information, online addresses, maps and directions to help you choose the accommodations that will enhance your travel experience.
Latest posts by Vanessa Turkeltaub (see all)
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for October 22-23, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for October 15-16, 2016 - October 13, 2016
- 10 Pumpkin Patches and Farms in San Diego - October 10, 2016