Are you a homeowner in La Jolla and thinking about selling? If you want to get the best possible price for your home, there are 5 cheap and easy fixes that you can make before listing your home on the La Jolla real estate market.
- Enhance Curb Appeal – The outside of your home is going to be the first thing a prospective buyer sees. To ensure that your home makes a good first impression, clear away any weeds or dead plants and trim back trees and bushes. Also consider adding a few small flowering plants. This is an affordable and easy way to add charm and color, and is sure to enhance the curb appeal of your home.
- Remove Clutter – When a potential buyer comes to view your home, you want them to be able to envision themselves, as well as their belongings in the home. By removing or packing up some of your personal possessions, potential buyers are more likely see the space as their own. La Jolla interior designers and decorators may also be able to offer you advice on how to best stage your home.
- Thoroughly Clean – One of the easiest ways to appeal to buyers is to show them a home that is clean and well taken care of. Hire a team of professionals to clean the carpets, tile and flooring throughout the home. They will also be able to take care of items that typically go unnoticed from day to day such as scuff marks and dust in hard to reach places.
- Paint in Neutral Colors – A majority of real estate agents will recommend that you paint your home in neutral colors. While you may enjoy bold colors, they tend to turn prospective buyers away if they don’t agree with your style preferences. Whether you choose to paint yourself or hire professional painters in La Jolla, painting is an easy and cost effective fix that will help your home appeal to a broader audience.
- Add Upscale Finishes – Kitchens and bathrooms are the two rooms that sell a home. However, you don’t have to take on a huge renovation project to enhance these rooms. You can give your kitchen and bathroom mini makeovers, simply by changing some of the hardware. Towel racks, accent shelves, and even light switch plates are inexpensive items that when replaced, will add a touch of luxury to your home.
If you need professional help with real estate in La Jolla, use our local directory to find an agent. Their expertise and experience in the local market will help guide you through all the steps for a successful sale.
Latest posts by Vanessa Turkeltaub (see all)
- How To Order a Milkshake at Shakeaway La Jolla - August 19, 2014
- La Jolla Open House Weekend Guide for August 16-17 - August 16, 2014
- Community Spotlight: Lydia McNeil Creator Of Soledad Jam - August 14, 2014