It’s no secret that Thanksgiving is a lot of work. Relatives are usually in town, there’s cooking to be done (okay, a lot of cooking), and cleanup is always a chore. Luckily, Girard Gourmet is offering to take the hassle and stress out of this year’s Thanksgiving; with three different dinner options complete with all of the traditional sides plus some truly mouthwatering desserts, it’s pretty clear (and obvious why) they’ve been doing this for almost 30 years. Here are 12 reasons why you should be buying a ready-made Thanksgiving dinner from Girard Gourmet this year.
1. Everything is fresh. Produce is brought in weekly from their farm in Julian, affectionately known as Corgi Castle, every week. It’s all farm to table – literally.
2. It’s the closest you get can to home-cooked without actually having to slave away in your kitchen all day.
3. Think of the free time! All those hours you would normally spend cooking can now be spent visiting with family and friends – or the family dog.
4. It’s convenient – they’re located on Girard Ave. near all the Avenue shops, so you won’t have to spend too much time away from the family out of the house.
5. Variety is the spice of life. They’re offering 3 meals to choose from with three different proteins: turkey, duck, and honey baked ham.
6. Who can say no to complete ready-made duck dinner? That’s a tough one to find in La Jolla on Thanksgiving.
7. Their sweet potatoes are to die for. Customers have been quoted saying they “I never liked sweet potatoes until I tried Girard Gourmet’s.”
8. They’ve been making ready-made Thanksgiving dinner for 26 years; it’s pretty safe to say they have perfected the art.
9. Each dish comes in an aluminum pan ready to be heated – all you’ll have to do is pop it into the oven! As little work as possible makes for a great holiday.
10. The food will keep even the vegetarians happy. They offer several extra veggie options, like candied carrots, butternut squash puree, and a roasted fall vegetable mixture.
11. They can accommodate any size family, although typical menu pricing is based on a meal that serves either 8-10 people or 4 (they also do individual dinners – with all the fixins – for $30)
12. There are a whopping 11 different holiday desserts on the menu – everything from traditional apple or pumpkin pie to caramel apple cheesecake and hazelnut mousse cake.
Please place all of your orders by Friday, November 21. Pickup will be from 11am to 1pm on Thanksgiving Day. To place your order, call (858) 454-3325 or visit them at 7837 Girard Avenue in La Jolla.
Latest posts by Emily Ruchlewicz (see all)
- San Diego Weekend Events | Sept 23 – 25 - September 22, 2016
- Ross Thiele & Son: Classic Interior Designs Since 1932 - September 22, 2016
- Best Spots for Apple Picking in San Diego & Other Fall Activities - September 22, 2016